General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

wellll...... Slight setback on my switchbacks....
I for some stupid reason only known in my head... Did not look behind the bumper for clearance for dimensions on making the new housings for this retro.... instead.. I just built them.

Turns out. I literally only have about 1.5" of space behind there. not the 5" i planned for... went back to the drawing board to make up for the 3.5" of space I had to scatter the light of the LED's.
I have come up with 2"x9" plexi glass that is frosted. It will diffuse the light and scatter it how I want it to be. Will be picking that up tomorrow. Still hoping to get these in by Sunday.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:15 AM
ChevyBlazer4uHaters is on a distinguished road

My lazy a** finally purchased a much-needed matching seat cover for my front passenger bucket seat. Not bad for $20 a piece, if you ask me....blahhh

Old 01-09-2014, 09:29 AM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Well... I did the defrost vent grill today...the part I needed is
Dicontinued from GM so I modified tbe standard version
To work....mine has a sensor in the grill cover... I think its for the
Auto climate conttol.... any way all done and looks like
factoty.....yea...

Old 01-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

My disks came in for the d44 and I got a train horn from my father in law for our second xmas last night!!!!!!

Last edited by rexmburns; 01-09-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:28 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Now I will be able to hear you comming for sure Rex.....
Just got done doing a T-stat install.... then the CEL light
came on with p0420 code.... looks like new Cat. Converter is next

Old 01-09-2014, 06:25 PM
ChevyBlazer4uHaters is on a distinguished road

2 days ago, I was lucky enough to experience a train horn blast - standing less than 10ft from the vehicle.

WHAT?? Lol...

Originally Posted by rexmburns
....and I got a train horn from my father in law..
I´m jealous...

Old 01-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Beginning Member
MoneyPit99BlazerLT is on a distinguished road

Finally finished replacing the 4 original incandescent bulbs with green LED lighting for the 2 armrests after wrong parts last weekend. 3 on drivers side, 1 on other side. Don't remember them ever working. Good thing is all the original dash lights still work, except the radio lights of course. Might try the radio light replacement project some time soon. If I ever buy a soldering gun. Hello harbor freight...

Old 01-09-2014, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MoneyPit99BlazerLT
Finally finished replacing the 4 original incandescent bulbs with green LED lighting for the 2 armrests after wrong parts last weekend. 3 on drivers side, 1 on other side. Don't remember them ever working. Good thing is all the original dash lights still work, except the radio lights of course. Might try the radio light replacement project some time soon. If I ever buy a soldering gun. Hello harbor freight...
If you are really serious on getting a soldering iron, do not get the one from harbor freight. In the electronic world, we call those fire starters/component burners.
You can get a real nice digital soldering station from amazon for cheap.
"X-TRONIC" MODEL #4010-XTS - 4000 SERIES - SMD - ESD SAFE - NEW Centigrade/Fahrenheit Switch - Digital Soldering Iron Station - 10 SOLDERING TIPS - 1 EXTRA HEATING ELEMENT - 1 ANTI-MAGNETIC TWEEZERS - 1 5X MAGNIFYING LAMP!!! - Amazon.com "X-TRONIC" MODEL #4010-XTS - 4000 SERIES - SMD - ESD SAFE - NEW Centigrade/Fahrenheit Switch - Digital Soldering Iron Station - 10 SOLDERING TIPS - 1 EXTRA HEATING ELEMENT - 1 ANTI-MAGNETIC TWEEZERS - 1 5X MAGNIFYING LAMP!!! - Amazon.com

This is the one that I have (trust me, I use it a lot) and it works amazing.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:29 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by okiedoak20
.... then the CEL light
came on with p0420 code.... looks like new Cat. Converter is next
$5 for 2 spark plug defoulers and your back in business ... and you have a spare for someone elses cat code. I would never waste money on a converter.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 AM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Over the past week I put a new battery in, new coolant temp sensor, fresh oil change (wasn't due yet but figured the hard start was dumping fuel), throttle body cleanse, TPS, and an idler arm (got a pitman arm to do too, just because. The idler was wiped though). Now if I can get the self acceleration at a stop light/sign in gear thing straitened out I can go back to driving my Nissan

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?