General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
I am curious on why you turned them instead of replacing? These days it is more cost effective to replace than it is to turn/resurface.
I get rotors/drums turned for $13 each - can't beat it. Only ones I don't turn are on econobox cars - most truck's rotors are beefy enough to be turned a couple times.

Originally Posted by newguy
Wrestling with 4wd. .....
Before you go too crazy, manually pull that cable and make sure the front driveshaft is locked to the front wheels. I just went through this, and it turned out to be a mechanical problem inside the front differential. We're running 2wd this year, until spring time brings warmer weather to tackle this project.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:11 AM
redblzr4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
Wrestling with 4wd. Have a vacuum up top. Replaced actuator last fall. Put in new vac switch and new line from source to switch. Next will replace line to actuator. Transfer case works, And can hear tccm working. If new line to actuator doesnt work I`m putting in a cable

I have a cable running into the cab to engage the front differential....make sure your cable is not binding or you'll have a hell of a time trying to get it to work right... I drowned my truck in salt water 2 months ago...and my diff. Actuator cable started binding. I had to remove it and work It back and forth with penetrating oil.... but now it works like a charm... you get 2 low with a pull cable

Old 01-12-2014, 01:38 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Took the battery out to see if the cable was sticking, actuator was ripped! 8 months old! Advanced replaced it free. I HAVE 4 WHEEL DRIVE AGAIN!.. next time though, I`m putting in a cable

Old 01-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Beginning Member
redz is on a distinguished road

Got my power steering leak fixed and an oil change done.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:03 AM
Starting Member
DaveHearne is on a distinguished road

Replaced faulty alternator - job was very easy & took 20 minutes. What was not so easy was retrieving the socket I dropped down the side of the engine while doing the job - that took nearly 45 minutes! Boy did I swear!
On a positive note though I now have nice bright headlamps at idle instead of dim flickering ones - what's more, a mysterious whining sound I've had for a while has now gone! Voltmeter on dash now reads a fraction under 14v on idle instead of dropping down to 10v.
All in all very pleased.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
robsteez is on a distinguished road

I put bedliner on bottom portion of my truck, it was silver before. Pretty happy with how it turned out!.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-robsteez-56368-albums-blazer-33-s-7494-picture-bed-liner-28241.jpg  
Old 01-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

^looks familiar!!^ nice job looks good

Old 01-14-2014, 01:07 PM
robsteez is on a distinguished road

haha thanks man, seeing your blazer done with it inspired me to get it done.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

I was going to do mine as well. haha

Old 01-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

^do it!^

Got a bunch of the small tedious things out of the way for my swap today Pics inmy build thread!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?