General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.
View Poll Results: Liftgate or Tailgate?
Liftgate (the whole rear panel lifts)
32.05%
Tailgate (like a pick-up truck)
67.95%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of trunk does your blazer have?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Only one offered on first gens so I guess that sticks me with the tailgate option

Old 01-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Lift glass and tail gate on my 2K zr2

Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*I added a poll to the thread. Please vote.*

Old 01-04-2011, 07:25 AM
deadmanet is on a distinguished road

I have the Liftgate. Would love to have had the tailgate though. Would have made transporting some longer furniture I had easier, because I could have just dropped the gate and not had to worry about the glass. Instead I had to load it all the way in between the driver/passenger seats. No way was I going to raise the glass and set it on the rest of the door.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:24 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

2 door tailgate for me.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

4dr with tail gate

Old 01-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

Tailgate here.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

when i first read this thread title, i was like, "WIF? trucks don't have trunks!" but then i read your OP and understood what you were getting at.

my '98 has the LG.

Originally Posted by matt92
Oh, i think ya messed up at first, lol.

mmmm.......re-read his post again. i think he stated it right. @ least it made sense to me.

Originally Posted by deadmanet
I have the Liftgate. Would love to have had the tailgate though. Would have made transporting some longer furniture I had easier, because I could have just dropped the gate and not had to worry about the glass. Instead I had to load it all the way in between the driver/passenger seats. No way was I going to raise the glass and set it on the rest of the door.

like i said above, i have the LG on mine, and while i had to leave it up when i brought home a few sheets of plywood, it did make a great cover to keep the wood dry from the rain!

besides, each style of cargo opening has it's own pro's & con's.

LG pro's: makes loading/unloading of large/heavy items easier (125+ lbs).
LG con's: makes a great bell ringer for us taller members (i have permenantly embeded skin/hair samples into each corner of mine! )

TG pro's: makes for easier transporting of long item.
TG con's: makes for more difficult loading/unloading of large/heavy item (again, talking in the 125+ lbs range)

personally, i wish the cargo openings on out trucks was more like the ol' station wagons. retract the rear window into the TG (like on my 'Burb ), and either drop the gate down like a traditional p/u, or have it swing out to the side for larger/heavier items.

that feature is about the only thing i like/find appealing on the Ridgeline.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Liftgate for me. I have an older F150 if I want to haul bigger things.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:05 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Basically only the lift glass lol. My sub box is level with the top of my tailgate so its never really down lol

Quick Reply: What kind of trunk does your blazer have?