General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What Parts Should I Nick?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:00 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Mirrors about 250 - 300 bucks each,
Head lights about $150 each
Tail lights around $125 each
Tail light wiring harness (if available) I paid $40 last week for one.
4x4 switch $60
A/C control $150-200
Vents around 25/30 each. I've replaced a few already.
TCCM $150
ECU $300
MAF $150

Last 3 give or take a couple dollars

Mostly depends on how many of each in stock at the time

Old 03-18-2010, 01:04 AM
Beginning Member
Bretta78 is on a distinguished road

$3500 for the whole truck, has 88k on it but is not legal to drive in Aus, not sure what might have been sold off it yet, I know the drivers side rear door is gone.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:18 AM
BF Veteran

If you bought it. Keep the parts & sell em off. I know there was a guy on the Gold Cost a while back who was looking for a bonnet (hood). There's a woman in Brisbane who had been looking for the switch in the tailgate. Also got some bits from Bunce in Auckland. Goes under the name of "filoblazer" send her a pm & make contact - if you share the 3500 you can split the profit!

Old 03-18-2010, 01:24 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

$3500! WOW!

then again, it's not like you guys are buying your truck for the $2000 CAN i bought my '98 for.

while that is quite a bit of coin, could you swing paying that much for having a (mostly) complete parts truck sitting @ your house? could your wife stand you having another truck just sit in the driveway? what about the township? you could also just take it back to your house & strip it, throw all of the parts in a shed for storage if they have a problem with it just sitting there.

the mileage is low, less than 10K a year (average). do you know why it's not legal to drive in Aussie land, is it not a RHD truck?

Old 03-18-2010, 01:33 AM
BF Veteran

Simple = it's an import. They just make it difficult to import since they're trying to protect the local manufacturers i.e. Holden & Ford.
Although most jap car are also built there. Mostly I think as CKD (completely knocked down) or kits. This used to be the case in South Africa as well.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:45 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Take it all? if the price is right, why not?

Old 03-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Beginning Member

Only problem with grabbing the whole truck, is finding somewhere to keep a whole truck

I have to ask, what the heck are you guys doing in these things that you have had to replace the AIR VENTS. It's a plastic HOLE! What happened to it?

Old 03-18-2010, 06:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Simple = it's an import. They just make it difficult to import since they're trying to protect the local manufacturers i.e. Holden & Ford.
Although most jap car are also built there. Mostly I think as CKD (completely knocked down) or kits. This used to be the case in South Africa as well.
so it's not a RHD truck? 'cause i know (or @ least i think i do ) that in Aussie land, it has to be RHD (regardless of how old ot new it is) and it needs to have seperate amber turn signals.

but are you refering to it being an Import because it hasn't been regisitered there yet? and if that's the case, just how many hoops do they make you jump through?

Originally Posted by Bretta78
Only problem with grabbing the whole truck, is finding somewhere to keep a whole truck

I have to ask, what the heck are you guys doing in these things that you have had to replace the AIR VENTS. It's a plastic HOLE! What happened to it?
i'm guessing the wife has stated a resounding "No, it can't sit in the drieway!", eh?

have you put any thought into buying it, and just ripping the damn thing apart, and throwing everything in a nice 8 by 10 shed? then sell the shell for scrap-'cause that's all that would be left of it, after i was through with it.

as for the vents, who suggested that (didn't see all of the parts that were "suggested"). maybe they've broken theirs when slamming their fist on the dash when the damn truck pulls a "i don't wanna run right now" moment.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Beginning Member

It's a RHD truck (FYI, LHD is ok here if the vehicle is over 30 years old), no problems there. But every car imported into Australia must pass a test for compliance (eg making sure it's got child restraints, ensuring the indicators are the right color, proper seat belts, the right sort of filters, the right sort of aircon gas etc) to Australian standards, and then it gets a little plate.

This is easy enough for the big manufacturers who get a few sample models approved and then can bring in as many as they want, but the low volume importers have (which includes people bringing in Blazers) must have each individual truck sent off to special workshops for inspection.

This truck has not been complied, which is why it's so cheap (cheap by Aussie standards... most of the Blazers for sale around here are $15k to $20k...).

The spares truck definitly couldn't sit in the driveway, because thats where the new truck is going to live Ripping it apart and shedding is an option.

Of course, now I am wondering if planning in advance for everything to fail on my truck is not a good sign...

Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by Bretta78
It's a RHD truck (FYI, LHD is ok here if the vehicle is over 30 years old), no problems there.

This truck has not been complied, which is why it's so cheap (cheap by Aussie standards... most of the Blazers for sale around here are $15k to $20k...).

The spares truck definitly couldn't sit in the driveway, because thats where the new truck is going to live Ripping it apart and shedding is an option.

Of course, now I am wondering if planning in advance for everything to fail on my truck is not a good sign...
LHD is ok? really??? i remember an article in one of my Mopar mags a couple of years ago, about a guy down there that was doing the conversions (as a business) on Mopar's-particular article was about the custom work he was doing for the RHD brake stuff, consoles and the amber lenses (and wiring) for them to be compliant with your rules.

that 15 to 20K, that's for a really new & extremely low mileaged Blazer, right?

now you're talking! but don't worry about having almost one of everything extra, i was far worse than that.

when i moved a year and a hlf ago, i had a 10 X 11 shed, a 8 X 6 shed, a 9 x 7 "barn" (that was 11 feet tall, and filled to capacity!). plus i had part of my garage (basically what ever fit around my Dart). since these trucks are so rare down there, i don't think you would ever become that bad.

i can tell you i sent a 4 door 1st gen to scrap that weighed over 7500 pounds-and it was only steel that got thrown in there (all of the aluminum was seperated from it). i also sent over 1100 pounds of body panels to the scrap too.

so don't feel bad about having a good sized shed out back of the house full of spare parts-it is a pretty scarce truck you'll be driving.

just look @ the lenth of time it took for Kiwiblazer to get his TC repaired.

Quick Reply: What Parts Should I Nick?