General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What weird things have you found in your blazer (or other cars/trucks)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:43 AM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What weird things have you found in your blazer (or other cars/trucks)

Well having recently bought a blazer, I figured I would make a thread about some of the more random or weird items you have found in you cars/trucks.
About a week after I got the blazer, I thought that it would be a great idea to get the jumper cables into the little space under the retracting cargo cover in the rear of the truck. So I opened it and found a pair of some awesome work gloves and another thing that was kinda weird but cool at the same time. There was a banner in there like one for a company that are the thick canvas ones and it was for the American tool companies or something along the lines of that stuck in there and covered in dust.
Then I found tons of old receipts crammed in between the center console and the seats. Some of them were bank receipts while some of the others were just random ones. These sound like some lame finds so hope some of you guys and gals have some cool stories

Old 07-10-2007, 08:38 AM
91blazer2dr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What weird things have you found in your blazer (or other cars/trucks)

while vaccuming out mine i found a pill in a side zipper compartment, must have been there for at least 10 years, it was unwrapped and everything. Don't know what it was for; didnt want to know. Thats it, its also kinda lame.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 AM
blazerxtreme1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What weird things have you found in your blazer (or other cars/trucks)

i found a bunch of old parking tickets under my pass seat

Old 07-10-2007, 11:41 AM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Those gloves are factory GM gloves. I'd like to see somebody put them on to change a tire though.....LOL. A little cumbersome.

So far just coins.....

Old 07-10-2007, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

You guys don't know the half of it...

I cleaned out one of my dad's workvans after the employee that drove it was let go. I found enough supplies and materials to restock the shelves in the shop. That was only in the back of the van!
In the cab, I found: fried onion rings in a ziplock bag, Moldy half-eaten sandwich, twospitbottles, a condom (unused, thank God), misc trash, 6 dollars in change, and a mouse carcass.
I don't know when the last time the van had been cleaned out, much less how someone could have worked out of it every day. Since my dad and uncle makes the employees clean out their van/truck at least every month.
Bear in mind these vans arealways parked at the shop when not at work, and are never driven home by any of the employees (why the condom was in there I don't want to know.)

I did find anwindsheild scraper and a Skynyrd CD in the jack compartment of my Blazer...

Old 07-10-2007, 12:49 PM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

So, what do the employees do....other than each other?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:49 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

A few months ago I found a dead mouse crushed underneith my sub enclosure, I still don't kno ho it got in there. Lame find, I wish I would have found money.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:23 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a few interesting items in mine, keep in mind my truck was owned by a very old couple (70's). I found denture cream (lol)in the compartment underneath the back seat under the two little flip ups. I found an entirefingernail with some dried up flesh(I presume) still attatched to it (yucko)in the cup holder in the door panel. Wedged between the drivers seat and center console I found the most interesting item, a shank! Yeah, I know shanks, being that I have extensively studied Criminal Justice and Prison Systems. I have been on over a hundred tours through prisons, jails, and Pens throughout the US for the last 6 years. I know a shank when I see one.A shank, I can't even imagine why an old man (or woman) had that. Anyway, thats it for mine, other than the shank some pretty lame stuff.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:12 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know if this is really weird per say but Dale when i got him had the window sticker to a 1996 GMC Jimmy in the center console below the compartment itself (it was for a purple one too, lol). Found it when pulled out the insert.Along with that i foundan info pamphlet (sp?) to the same year Jimmy in the glove box. Thought it waskinda odd. Beyond that nothing but pennies and french frys.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: FFJustin99Chevy

So, what do the employees do....other than each other?
They are supposed to be installing Heating and Air conditioning systems... I'm sure it was probably one he had in his wallet or something...

Quick Reply: What weird things have you found in your blazer (or other cars/trucks)