General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What Year is this??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:07 PM
sgp7679 is on a distinguished road

im thinking of doing my blazer like this one, i already found some iroc camaro rims for $100 on craigslist.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:14 PM

found another pic of the back. I noticed the words chevrolet arent across the middle its over to the right side. i looked at pics of 89s and they had chevrolet written all the way across like my 87. Anyone know of the year that uses the letters to the right?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

LMCTruck.com shows the tailgate trim with chevrolet printed off to the driver side didn't come about until '91 which is when the front end refresh happened so that kind of contradicts the grill. But LMC doesn't show anything applicable to the pre-87 models...

Old 08-04-2010, 07:32 PM

hmm, maybe he got a newer tailgate on it? Would a 91 tail fit on an 89?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the tailgates were the same all the way up to '94.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
LMCTruck.com shows the tailgate trim with chevrolet printed off to the driver side didn't come about until '91 which is when the front end refresh happened so that kind of contradicts the grill. But LMC doesn't show anything applicable to the pre-87 models...
i didnt know a refresh came in 91, i thought it was in 95 with the new look, what did they change in 91? they look the same to me.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Check THIS out.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sgp7679
ok so my dad remembered it was a 4.3. Im guessing its an 89'.
that's actually is a pretty rare driveline combo (4WD, 4.3 w/stick)

Originally Posted by sgp7679
i didnt know a refresh came in 91, i thought it was in 95 with the new look, what did they change in 91? they look the same to me.

don't take this the wrong way, but for someone who is so in luv with his Dad's Blazer of past, i'd think you'd be more up on the history of the S10 Blazer's a bit.

a little FYI for ya.

in the link that Kyle posted for you (the grills), on the right side (the 1 piece grills) the bottom 2 (#4 & #5, chrome/black respectively) are for the '91/'92 models. the other 3 grills (#1, #2 & #3 , black/black/chrome repectively) are for the '93/'94 models.

now that's just what the factory offered. you can put a '93/'94 grill on a '83, but the rad support needs to be changed. the HL's sit differently in the '91+ year change (they sit slightly lower).

and every single body panel is the same from '83 thru to '94.

those 1st gens were soooooooo much nicer (and easier) to work on.

GL with your search, but i'd just pick up a nice Southern rust free truck to rebuild in your Dad's image.

it's nice to see that your Dad was @ the fore front of adding style to the Blazer (IROC wheels & a lift).

Old 08-04-2010, 09:48 PM

well im brand new to blazers, all i know is that they changed in 95 and the rest i learned from here (im really a mopar type of guy). im also learning alot from my 87. Ive been reading that blazers are known for rust? Well down here in texas where im at, i dont ever see a rusty blazer, they are just usually beat to crap. My 87 doesn't have a single spot of rust on it anywhere (underbody included). Well anyways I am thinking about maybe doing mine like my dads, but i dont think it would be that great because of no 4x4 but who knows.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:50 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

living in Texas and no rusty vehicles? really?!!

any vehicle can be known for being a rot-box, if it's in a snowy/salty climate.

now..........down South (Texas, new Mexico, Arizona, Arkansas, etc.) you guys are known to have very clean bodies, but your interiors are usually garbage, due to overexposure to the harsh sunlight.

you'll also notice that the design change in '91 was also the first year that they introduced the 4 door line.

Quick Reply: What Year is this??