General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What was your worst break down? and how did you get Home !

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:33 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope. as soon as i saw the blast of smoke behind me, i threw it in neutral and shut the eng off. its a 2002 goin on 107,000 miles. this problem happened around 40,000 miles ago. I`ll see if i can find the pics of what was wrong with them that 2 of them were junk. and the were NEW also.. I`ll never use autozone for parts like that anymore..

Old 05-08-2011, 05:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 2002XTREME
Nope. as soon as i saw the blast of smoke behind me, i threw it in neutral and shut the eng off. its a 2002 goin on 107,000 miles. this problem happened around 40,000 miles ago. I`ll see if i can find the pics of what was wrong with them that 2 of them were junk. and the were NEW also.. I`ll never use autozone for parts like that anymore..
id sue em if my engine got damaged by there parts. i mean some people wouldn't know if there pump was working or not. i see people that don't even know when somethings wrong till there engine light on LOl

Old 05-08-2011, 05:55 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had a problem with Autozone parts, in fact that is where I get all my parts. I did have to use the lifetime warrenty on the Ignition Control module once. It was 5 years old, but tehy swapped it no problem.

Not sure how you got a puff of smoke from a failed water pump? If a head gasket goes, then you get the big white cloud of smoke out the back. If the water pump fails, your truck overheats. Plus there are warning signs when a water pump is due for replaement, like it will drip coolant out of the weep hole and if you let that go it will squell like crazy long before it stops spinning.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:09 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Hanr3
I've never had a problem with Autozone parts, in fact that is where I get all my parts. I did have to use the lifetime warrenty on the Ignition Control module once. It was 5 years old, but tehy swapped it no problem.

Not sure how you got a puff of smoke from a failed water pump? If a head gasket goes, then you get the big white cloud of smoke out the back. If the water pump fails, your truck overheats. Plus there are warning signs when a water pump is due for replaement, like it will drip coolant out of the weep hole and if you let that go it will squell like crazy long before it stops spinning.
yea never had a bad water pump but i would know if the trucks running hot

Old 05-08-2011, 09:27 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

My driver side front brake caliper came off.
I was about a mile from my house when I kept hearing this strange quiet grinding when I hit the brakes, so I was going to pull over and check it out, right as I was turning onto my street I hear something snap, and then this really loud grinding.

I get my truck off the road, and find my caliper wedged up against the rim. One bolt was sitting in my lower control arm, the other decided to leave as I was driving. I got the truck jacked up and took off the wheel.

I spent 2 hours trying to find the right bolt. I went to Lowe's, home depot, even a couple other hardware stores in search for one. Finally i found one. So, at about 9:30pm, I got the bolts in and slowly drove to the house without using my brakes because everything was going crazy with them at the moment. The next day I got everything together, and put blue loc-tite on all my caliper bolts to make sure it wouldn't happen again.
That was certainly an interesting night.

Last edited by cbr995; 05-08-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

Dads 1992 3rd row seat suburban, just redone the rear axle bearing and all that and got a g80 also, then my blazer stopped running right would not go over 30mpg. So I am driving suburban 4days a week to school 40miles a day and it starts to make a vary bad grinding sound right as I exit off interstate, I park it call my dad and tell him, call my mom and got a ride to school. After school and dad is off work we decide he is going 2 follow me home(in his not a month old used 2010 silverado), right away notice the rear right break is locked. so stop and look at it, says to go slow and take side streets, going is slow at 20mph then we stop and take a look at it more, decide he is going 2 wait there and make sure it not on fire and I go home and get car trailer. load it up look up how to use the towing mode on the truck and then we are off. suburban plus trailer was getting close to the max towing capacity of the truck. When unloading I misinterpreted a hand signal and left the trailer ramps a bit to early and fell off maybe 4in. Fixed blazer and the suburban is sitting still.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

had a high mileage lifted tahoe on 37s shear through the transfer case housing because the main drive chain had became loose over time and sawed right thru it......but before it broke i drove about 15 miles backwards because it was making a horrible sound going forward. once it broke it drov elike normal to ge tit home. but i did take it easy.... the funny thing was watching this huge lifted tahoe driving around with me and my buddies watching out the windows behind us......

Old 05-09-2011, 07:27 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
had a high mileage lifted tahoe on 37s shear through the transfer case housing because the main drive chain had became loose over time and sawed right thru it......but before it broke i drove about 15 miles backwards because it was making a horrible sound going forward. once it broke it drov elike normal to ge tit home. but i did take it easy.... the funny thing was watching this huge lifted tahoe driving around with me and my buddies watching out the windows behind us......

15 miles backwards? thats crazy lol people must of thought what is he doing? LOL

Old 05-09-2011, 07:46 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
15 miles backwards? thats crazy lol people must of thought what is he doing? LOL

yes- i had people standing and staring...

Old 05-09-2011, 09:08 PM
BF Guru

lol thats insane i just ran into a probelm with my rig today . apparently its all over the road and the steering wheel has play. looks like im driving while intoxicated at times.

Quick Reply: What was your worst break down? and how did you get Home !