General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What's a decent asking price?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Beginning Member
Leaky 4.3 is on a distinguished road
Default What's a decent asking price?

I don't have enough posts for post in the for sale forum, so I figure I can use this one as a fact finding mission.

I am getting ready to help sell my girlfriends 2000 Blazer 4 door 4X4.

KBB says $2500-$3000 in "good" condition.

Here are the details of it and what has been done. The "Gilette" in the description is a local shop and the only one around here in the New Orleans area I trust to tackle a project on my vehicles if I am not feeling up to it or if specialized tools and knowledge is of great help.

I figure the people here will know what all of this work adds up to when it comes to addressing the issues that come up with a Blazer at some point.

Work done within the last year:
- New Factory Fuel Pump, Delphi updated model with no sock strainer and aftermarket wiring harness connector, new filter on the frame rail.

- Front brakes done by Gilette
- Rear pads and calipers – Oreilley parts done by me
- New master cylinder – Oreilley parts, done while trouble shooting rear brakes
- Full brake system fluid flush

- Lower Intake manifold gaskets – Fel Pro Problem Solver gaskets done by Gilette along with t-stat and valve cover gaskets
- Fuel pressure regulator checked at time of LIM gaskets work and found to be in good condition and engine is very clean with no sludge

- New 4 Seasons A/C compressor with clutch, accumulator, orifice tube and hoses. Condenser and evaporator chemically flushed at time of swap out. It will freeze you out of the cab.

- New Radiator at time of A/C work due to leak where tank crimped to core.

- New upper radiator hose done by Gilette
- New fan belt
- New belt tensioner
- Drivers door hinge pins and bushings and spring to hold door open

Only item I know of that will need to be done in the future:

Front ball joints

Other details for the truck are: 143,000 miles, never wrecked. It has lived in Tenessee and New Orleans its whole life so no rust at all on it. It was in Tenessee at time of hurricane Katrina, so it has not been flooded.

It has had 2 owners, my girlfriend and her dad. According to dealer maintenance records, it had a new engine put in under warranty at 5000 miles because it spun the #5 rod bearing......

Great oil pressure and temp stays at 190 all day no matter what after if warms up.

Auto A/C controls and 4WD selector works perfectly. For some reason, the passenger door window and lock only works from the drivers door and I'm not tearing into that. All power windows and power locks work. Leather interior, power seats work and drivers seat would need recovering. The side seat foam closest to the door is shot and the leather is worn through from getting in and out of the truck.

The sun visors with lighted vanity mirrors need replacement as to be expected.

Check engine light comes and goes. Its an evap code and the air bag light has begun to go on and off whenever it feels like it.

Why am I selling it???

I got the deal of the century on a 2006 Honda CR-V with under 100,000 miles for her through a friend. So now she's got a new daily driver and no off street parking and I already have 2 trucks and a project car. Also, she's 5'1" and likes the size of the CR-V better for her to be able to see out of and park.

Thanks,
Robert

Old 10-06-2014, 08:51 PM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

What color? The red ones are worth more!

Old 10-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Beginning Member
Leaky 4.3 is on a distinguished road

Its Metallic Blue with grey interior.

I'll add pics.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:28 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Once you have met the requirements to use the Classifieds section, you may post pictures in the For Sale ad you place.*