General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Whats it Worth? 2005 Chevy Blazer ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 12:41 PM
Beginning Member
ZR2Girly is on a distinguished road
Default Whats it Worth? 2005 Chevy Blazer ZR2

Ok, I have a 2005 Chevy Blazer ZR2 with 255K. Recently I picked up a replacement blazer ZR2 because the other one I have has 255K on it the newer blazer I picked up has only 88K, no rust very clean solid truck. My question to all you blazer lovers out there is the 2005 Blazer ZR2 with 255K worth fixing up? It needs a new Transfercase, last year I replaced a bunch of new stuff on the 4wheel drive sysytem too then the T-case went out, housing is cracked and chipping . Needs ball joints probably all the way around. Someone rear ended me and took off denting the tail gate so that does not open. Its got some defects to the body up here in MN its now starting to show some rust in the back wheel hub by the passenger door corner. The dash is lite up like an Xmas tree! (ABS light) (Service engine soon ) (service 4WD).And it needs tires I disconnected the front driveshaft so i can drive it as a 4x2. I have put a bunch of new parts on it already in the past, new alternator, fuel pump has been replaced, water pump the radiator. The truck runs and starts great, and shifts great, so it needs some work and some TLC. I found another black blazer here in MN that has a blown head gasket its got the tail gate in great shape and the T-case works, It also has brand new BFGoodrich AT Ko2's on it. I thought about getting the other one for parts and fixing up the existing Blazer with those parts. Is it worth it? Or should I just sell it or donate the truck? i mean whats it worth selling as/is right now with no 4x4 and everything else that it needs?

Old 02-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Strangerock is on a distinguished road

....Do you have a place to park it ?, If it was mine I would keep it for parts .....those flares are worth around $290 USD for the fronts new...the bumper extensions around $115 USD.....If you were in Canada I would buy it for parts that I dont need now but may in the future....I would guess 1000 if you sell it whole.....part it out and you should get way more.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:59 PM
Beginning Member

I do have a place to park the truck with 255k. The truck with 255k is a Canadian BlazerZr2, I found some info in the glove box it was bought new in Canada and who ever owned it before me lived Canada. I bought it in Michigan.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:42 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if it was Canadian...think they stopped making the S-Series in '04 here in the States.

I would personally strip it of newer parts, or anything else wanted.

Sell the rest on Craigslist (Or Ebay for more desirable parts, like the fender flares Strangerock mentioned)...probably get at least $500 for what's left of it.

Worse comes to worse, have a salvage yard take it. They will usually come tow it away and give you cash right there for it.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:43 PM
Beginning Member

I have already used a few parts on it for my other zr2. But I don’t think it would be worth fixing up with 255k on the block and all. But some parts are still good on there, I was thinking about fixing it up with another parts truck that I could get for $500. But the Canadian truck needs a lot of work it would keep me busy this summer.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:09 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Well then... maybe a motor swap would be a good summer project.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:23 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
I was wondering if it was Canadian...think they stopped making the S-Series in '04 here in the States.
Yep. We had Blazers and Jimmy's till 2005 here .

Old 02-18-2018, 06:35 AM
Starting Member
oldeerslayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Well then... maybe a motor swap would be a good summer project.

By the time you repair the TC and suspension and whatever else is worn out it won't be worth it. I spent all last summer swapping an L31 stroker into a ZR2 ext cab in similar condition. Finally said ***** this and bought a lo mile rust free truck to swap everything into this summer. Just got to be an endless trail of fixing one thing after another and when I was done it still needed body repairs.