General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Why did Cottman have 2 catch on fire?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why did Cottman have 2 catch on fire?

So I spent almost 6 and 1/2 hours at my local GM dealership to get my 98 Blazer inspected yesterday. $200 bucks for inspection, emissions and new lower ball joints(with warranty coverage). As I'm getting ready to leave, I hop in and turn on my fog lites. Well, the switch didn't light up and the lights didn't come on?? I turn around and bring out the mechanic who was working on my Blazer. At first he couldn't even figure out where the fog lites were, then he proceeds to click on my high beams at least five times before realizing there is a switch to turn the fogs on by themselves...
He turns them on and off for about 20 seconds and when nothing happens I hear him say "huh?"

But this is the thing that gets me... He thinks that because I didn't turn on the headlights(mine is equipped with the solar lights, &it's dark by now) thats why the fogs didn't turn on..
COME ON NOW.. I may be a girl but I think I know how the lights in my own damn vehicle work!
Finally after fuddling around we get them to come on and I proceed to drive away. Just as I hit the first stop sign out, my hood pops open.... grrr

I strongly dislike dealerships

Old 03-27-2008, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Why did Cottman have 2 catch on fire?

I strongly dislike having to deal with dealerships too. We went through hell trying to get the workvan fixed. I'd rather take it to may local mechanic to have it inspected and worked on rather than take it to a chain service station like jiffy lube or the dealer.