General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Why did you choose a blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:38 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Why did you choose a blazer?

I got mine cause I had wanted a truck for a long time, then my car got totaled so I was in the market for one and there was this one that was for the most part taken car of well and was a good deal. I go to school in the UP where we get on average 250 inches of snow a year and occasional ice, so I wanted 4x4. There is enough cargo room to move my stuff, it got good enough gas mileage and I liked the color. Plus I can still haul people.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:28 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I worked for GM back in '79 so it made sense for me to buy an old '70 off our lot. It was equipped for off roading and even had 2 extra gas cans mounted on the back. The fact that the top could be removed just made it more desirable for me.
I loved my first one so much (big mistake to sell it) that I now have 4 full size Blazers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/A31914200CFA42598FBE2A3EB0C84D27.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-26-2007, 03:16 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

I didnt know chuck norris was a factory option for the 1970 blazer!. wow 4?i wish i had 4 blazers...

Old 08-26-2007, 11:23 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

guy i know had it forsell and wanted $6800 w/ 70000 miles, i liked it and i had a s10 before so i knew the power was good, but it was a lil more than i wanted to spend because still in school and didnt work at the time because of sports, when i talked to him he ended up coming down to $5000 if i bought it that day or$6000 if i waited. so i wrote him a check that day becausehe still owed $6200 on it and the loan value was more than $5000 so i couldnt go wrong. wanted to sell it after two weeks becausei hated it. i dont know why reallybut i wanted to. but now i love it and people have tried to buy it from me but i wouldnt sell it now.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:06 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

wow....well...I have a hobby of lugging large boats around...and the little kia wasn't doing the best job...I have had a few trucks in my life..but not in a long time....so I was specificaly looking for a vehicle that 1 ) my short 5'3" could load a canoe on top. 2) you could lay comfortably in the back. I really wanted a cherokee sport....tried out a bunch of vehicles...in my price range...decided I liked how the blazer seats actualy fold flat...not on an angle...and the height was right....that and the fact that replacement parts would be easy to get and the truck would be fairly easy to work on if it broke...so I told my dad I wanted a blue blazer...well I think I said any color but white or that champagne....soooooo....yeah that's how I got my....white....blazer (I hate white) but got the blue pin stripes as a compromise...oh and as for loading my canoe....I use the door and wheel hump in the rear doors to access the top!

Old 08-26-2007, 01:38 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: Taymacjack

I didnt know chuck norris was a factory option for the 1970 blazer!. wow 4?i wish i had 4 blazers...
LMAO...they used to tell me I looked like Chuck Norris, then I'd have to kick them with a spinning sidekick!

Old 08-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

LMAO...they used to tell me I looked like Chuck Norris, then I'd have to kick them with a spinning sidekick!
Roundhouse kick. Also you need to update your sig.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

Roundhouse kick. Also you need to update your sig.
Roundhouse kick to the face.

I got my Blazer because my S10 was dying... Needed new t-stat, wouldn't stay in first gear, wouldn't stay running without... convincing, when starting at -40...

I saw the Blazer in the used lot at the Chevy dealership, looked in the window, and saw it was a 5 speed... and had cupholders.

My3 requirements for my S10 replacement vehicle were: 5 speed, RWD or 4x4, and cupholders...

It's my 4th vehicle... and my 1st with cupholders...

Old 08-26-2007, 06:35 PM
mdemers2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

95LS/4.3/4dr.

I was to shy to say it in my pervious post of this subject but: I bought this nice truck cause I heard it brokes alot and I wanted to go furhter in my Lobby of Mechanics.

Awsome machine that looks good and that brokes alot,the perfect match for me!

...and also,today @ 10AM,I said "the hell with it!I have my 30 1/2" tires & high jackers for months!" so today, I decided to stop washing that machine for the look and put it to good use,I USED IT! Mud all over my rig! wowooo!!!DAMN thats a nice machine on that 4x4..i'm "!!!!!!!!!!........"drulling"...

Mart

Old 08-26-2007, 06:42 PM
94blazerZ71 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got mine 3 days ago ,,,I always wanted a big toy like this ,,,i found
this at a buy her pay here car lot ,,,it was dumb luck[sm=happybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: Why did you choose a blazer?