General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

WOOT hit the big 200k

Old 04-20-2008, 02:52 AM
wesmagyar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WOOT hit the big 200k

heh and the check engine light is due to my EGR valve it really only kicks in when i go over 45 mph. wierd huh?
and uh... i kinda gotta clean the truck.
-Wes-

ps. i took these while driving (heh yeah i know im a bad man...) i was actually recording it with the camera's video capture mode but the batteries died just before it flipped. so i pulled over and put another pair in and they died too... so i swapped em around and was able to get these 2 photos off before they died for good.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:33 AM
noom14921992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: WOOT hit the big 200k

wow do you have any advice for my 183000 mile 2 gen. blazer for perts and service to keep it runing good so i can keep it for a long time. by the way i replaced my "egr" valve on my 1st gen. and it cost me $300.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:53 AM

wow you got ripped off pretty hard. ive been able to find mechanics that will do it for a little over a hundred and that includes the cost of the part. its about an hours labor and the part costs 50 bucks at an autoparts store..
as for advice use good oil keep it changed on a regular basis at least every 3k miles or so. um change the spark plugs every so often. dont floor it every chance you get. baby it. all in all just take good care of it.
-Wes-

Old 04-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Onimun is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the club!

Old 04-21-2008, 11:45 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

What is with the High Oil Pressure Reading? The needle looks pegged. Congrats on 200K. I am pushng 390K but the engine/trans have both been replaced with GM factory rebuilts.
The reason I mention the high oil gage pressure is that I had the same thing on my car and it turned out that the PCV port on the TBI was plugged with carbon/oil deposits and once I cleaned the TBI unit the oil pressure returned to normal. Replaceing the PCV did not correct the problem either. The bottom line is that i did not have a functioning PCV system due to a plugged Throttle Body Port.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:45 PM

huh... i asked my mechanic about the oil pressure reading so high he said that that wasnt problem. he said it would be a problem if it was low but high no big deal. as for the pcv being plugged i had that changed when i got it... and it also wouldnt surprise me if there are carbon problems as my EGR valve has been broken for at least 7-8 thousand miles worth of driving. i really need to get that fixed but i dont know how to do it and mechanics will rip you off now a days...
-Wes-

ps as for the typo's i just woke up... sorry ill edit this later and fix it

Old 04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice. I have a buddy that has crossed over 240k on their 96 with the intake gasket being the worse thing that has happened to it.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:22 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on reaching the 200k mark!!! I have a long way to go before i hit that in my blaze!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 07:58 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

When my oil gage was registering high pressure like yours indicates I was also blowing oil out of the dipstick tube if the dipstick was not fully seated, also the PCV valve would pop out of the valve cover. So I was having issues due to a lack of crankcase ventilation. If you are not having any of these issues you are probaly ok. My next milestone will be 400k sometime this year! But there is hardly anything mechanical that has not been replaced over the years.All of my weatherstripping has been replaced, the car has been repainted, all bushings and motor mounts, engine and transmission. The last thing I did was to replace the rear leaf spring and shackle bushings. That was a real PIA. I was able to accomplish the leaf spring bushings but I had to have a shop replace the rear schackle bushing as I had no way of getting at them the shop had to drop the gas tank and use combination of a ball joint press and brute force to press the old ones out.