General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Wrong puller...ughh

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Beginning Member
hellrasin' is on a distinguished road
Default Wrong puller...ughh

Just got home from the store day after purchasing some new tools needed to help strip out my blazer. Bough a back of general purpose pullers but didn't know that they wouldn't work on the power steering pump pulley. I hope I didn't damage the puller at all, I had it cranked pretty good until I figured that there was no way it could have been pressed on there that tight. Oh well...back to the parts store tomorrow.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You need a special puller to get those stubborn things on/off.

Here's the installer portion of mine:

I'm looking for a picture of the rest of it...

*EDIT* - here's a picture another member (brosko) posted in another thread that shows everything:

The four parts on the right are used for pulling the pulley off. First you hold the 2nd part from the left at the center of the pulley. Next you put the two half pieces into the groove on the pulley and around the shoulder on the center portion. Then you slip the outer ring over the whole thing to hold it together. Last you turn the bolt to press (pull) the pulley off of the shaft.

The one on the left is used for putting it back on.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Beginning Member

thanks! i got a the right puller today and took it off in a breeze. i dented the pully a little bit from the regular puller so looks like im just throwing it in the scrap metal pile. now i know for next time ;]

Old 05-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Beginning Member

the puller i bough only has one "half piece", it worked but i much rather be able to fully enclose the two pieces.