General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

You know you love your blazer when _____?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010 | 10:58 PM
Starting Member
03 Blazer ZR2 is on a distinguished road

you know you love your blazer when you go on vacation and the only thing you want to do is go offroading in another country

Old 12-12-2010 | 11:40 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

When you spend $570 to get a new distributor and plugs installed after the blazer left you stranded on the side of the road for two hours waiting to get towed in 30 degree weather. Then to find out that your brand new spark plugs are now bad, because they were soaked in fuel when the distributor broke, so they were replaced with the distributor. And still somehow love it!! That was three weeks ago....

Old 12-13-2010 | 07:34 AM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rob44_90
When you spend $570 to get a new distributor and plugs installed after the blazer left you stranded on the side of the road for two hours waiting to get towed in 30 degree weather. Then to find out that your brand new spark plugs are now bad, because they were soaked in fuel when the distributor broke, so they were replaced with the distributor. And still somehow love it!! That was three weeks ago....
Damn, where the hell did you get the distributor? I only paid $60 for mine, and another $60 for spark plugs. Oh, and the $50 tow to bring her down a mountain... XD

Old 12-13-2010 | 08:33 AM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

IDk. It was at a small town Napa mechanic shop. It wasn't the distributor cap or rotor even though those were both in that price, but the actual distributor shaft that broke, a $250 part. It was a major PITA, especially because when I finally got it back it stalled about 5 miles down the road from the shop. Luckily it started after about 5 minutes of cranking it over. The first distributor was defective, so they got another one put in and all is good with that now. My only other problem is my fuel economy dropped to 10-11mpg from 14mpg after my new Cardone Select CV axles and new wheel bearings were installed. I can hear clicking coming from the wheel well while driving straight and turning, from about 0-30mph, but not all the time. I think it may be the u-joint connecting the front drive shaft to the differential. But who knows......

Old 12-13-2010 | 09:06 AM
|
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 03 Blazer ZR2
you know you love your blazer when you go on vacation and the only thing you want to do is go offroading in another country
I was in hawaii last year, if i could have drove there i would have, so next best thing i got a jeep and pushed that thing about has hard as i could .

Originally Posted by '96-Dirty4x4
Damn, where the hell did you get the distributor? I only paid $60 for mine, and another $60 for spark plugs. Oh, and the $50 tow to bring her down a mountain... XD
Why did you pay to get down the mountain :P LOL, just coast er down

Old 12-13-2010 | 08:32 PM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rob44_90
IDk. It was at a small town Napa mechanic shop. It wasn't the distributor cap or rotor even though those were both in that price, but the actual distributor shaft that broke, a $250 part. .......
Man, sounds like you're having a bunch of nickel and dime problems. I guess I can consider myself lucky then. It was just my distributor cap that had went. Retard who installed our motor didn't screw down the spindle. -.- Truck ran for a couple months until a few of the steel prongs inside the cap ended up bent completely over. Truck acted like it was out of gas. Boy was I ticked off when I found out it was the guy that we paid nearly $3,000 too who caused it.

Originally Posted by streblo
Why did you pay to get down the mountain :P LOL, just coast er down
Haha! I would have. Except, lucky us, we were stalled at a level part of the mountain. No going up, or down... D: Plus, even if we could have coasted down, we wouldn't have gone far. Too many holes/ditches/mini-canyons in the trail to go through without any HP. lol

Old 12-13-2010 | 10:50 PM
|

you know you love blazers when you feel so good about yourself for convincing a kid to sell his car and buy a blazer, and convicing him to get a zr2 at that

Old 12-14-2010 | 12:27 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

you know you love your blazer when the hundred bucks in your pocket goes to an oil change, new wiper blades, and a tank of gas..... broke for another 3 days.

Old 12-14-2010 | 08:51 AM
|

Originally Posted by MTopper
you know you love your blazer when the hundred bucks in your pocket goes to an oil change, new wiper blades, and a tank of gas..... broke for another 3 days.
you got all that AND a tank of gas.....man you got a deal

Old 12-14-2010 | 08:58 AM
elementtrev is on a distinguished road

you konw you love your blazer, when you total it out and fix it again... and again.

Quick Reply: You know you love your blazer when _____?