General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

You know you love your blazer when _____?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011 | 05:06 PM
|
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Just for the summer. Gonna be livin in whistler for about 4 months this summer!!! Oh man im getting more pumped every day. Been searching out some old fire roads and stuff to cruise and explore, found a road that leads to, i think its called lost lake, go through a river, see how far can drive until you have to walk the rest of the way to the lake! Im PUMPED

Old 01-22-2011 | 07:29 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I've only had my Jimmy 7 months or so.. so I'm still learning about it. But I think the whole time you own any particular vehicle your learning new stuff all the time. And streblo I can wait to see some pics of that.

Another one.. you know you love your blazer when its broke but you can still drive it cause it just won't die

Old 01-22-2011 | 08:03 PM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by streblo
Just for the summer. Gonna be livin in whistler for about 4 months this summer!!! Oh man im getting more pumped every day. Been searching out some old fire roads and stuff to cruise and explore, found a road that leads to, i think its called lost lake, go through a river, see how far can drive until you have to walk the rest of the way to the lake! Im PUMPED
Oh! I just need to do some research now. Thanks for supporting my addiction! lol My hubby and I have been devastated since they closed the FS road right around the corner from our house. They open it for deer season, then close it after. D:

Old 01-22-2011 | 11:07 PM
|
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

OH MAN dont even get me started on a FS road, i went to vancouver last feb (and for all of you mericans from winnipeg its about a 48 hour drive in good conditions). Well on the way back we took the number 2 highway and stopped in nelson for a night, hitched it up to ainsworth hot springs before we left then took the ferry across the lake to come down the highway on the other side. OMG FUNNEST HIGHWAY EVER. at night just cruising and SO MANY CORNERS, i figured that if the recommended speed sign said 30 max you could do was 60, it was wicked. But ANYWAYS, on the way back to calgary that night i google mapped it and dragged the line and it just chose a line through the middle of no where, so i zoomed in and it was a FS road that shaved 200km off the trip because we wouldnt have to drive south to the other mountain pass and come back up north. Well down at the road level its plus 5 or so and no snow on the ground. We finally FIND the FS road and as soon as u go on it turns to mud, so we go ok, (its pitch black right now, if youve been in the mountains you know how dark it can get). Cruise, .5 km in the road is snow covered. BUT THERES NO SNOW IN THE DITCH OR BUSHES :S, so cruise 1km in and theres no more tire tracks only snowmobile tracks, 1km in i had to switch to 4x4 and its a 50km route......so figured, ok, well the locals dont even use this road in the winter so i think best i not get us stranded in BFN in the middle of the night up some mountain pass. (i want to go back in the summer and drive it though). Its a single lane road of course and managed to do a turn around with about a 642 point turn in 2 feet of snow, again with no snow anywhere but the road. Was doing about 20kmh so figured the 200km route would actually be faster.
Ive got some wicked pics on FB of that trip with the blazer, drove through some rock river bed, up a mountain that was super steep and part of the road was washed out by an avalance, but drove over it anyways

Oh ya!

You know you love your blazer when drive into a snowbank and get stuck JUST so you can get a picture of your baby!

Old 01-23-2011 | 09:06 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

You know you love your Blazer when you refuse to allow anyone else to work on it for you unless you absolutely can't fix the problem yourself. I don't trust people with Neko. You never know if they're gonna fix the problem right.

Old 01-23-2011 | 10:52 AM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

OH MAN dont even get me started on a FS road, i went to vancouver last feb (and for all of you mericans from winnipeg its about a 48 hour drive in good conditions). Well on the way back we took the number 2 highway and stopped in nelson for a night, hitched it up to ainsworth hot springs before we left then took the ferry across the lake to come down the highway on the other side. OMG FUNNEST HIGHWAY EVER. at night just cruising and SO MANY CORNERS, i figured that if the recommended speed sign said 30 max you could do was 60, it was wicked. But ANYWAYS, on the way back to calgary that night i google mapped it and dragged the line and it just chose a line through the middle of no where, so i zoomed in and it was a FS road that shaved 200km off the trip because we wouldnt have to drive south to the other mountain pass and come back up north. Well down at the road level its plus 5 or so and no snow on the ground. We finally FIND the FS road and as soon as u go on it turns to mud, so we go ok, (its pitch black right now, if youve been in the mountains you know how dark it can get). Cruise, .5 km in the road is snow covered. BUT THERES NO SNOW IN THE DITCH OR BUSHES :S, so cruise 1km in and theres no more tire tracks only snowmobile tracks, 1km in i had to switch to 4x4 and its a 50km route......so figured, ok, well the locals dont even use this road in the winter so i think best i not get us stranded in BFN in the middle of the night up some mountain pass. (i want to go back in the summer and drive it though). Its a single lane road of course and managed to do a turn around with about a 642 point turn in 2 feet of snow, again with no snow anywhere but the road. Was doing about 20kmh so figured the 200km route would actually be faster.
Ive got some wicked pics on FB of that trip with the blazer, drove through some rock river bed, up a mountain that was super steep and part of the road was washed out by an avalance, but drove over it anyways

Oh ya!

You know you love your blazer when drive into a snowbank and get stuck JUST so you can get a picture of your baby!

You're soooo gonna have to send me a map with that road highlighted. lol

The FS road here is still covered in snow. And the snow on the ground everywhere else melted 2wks ago. But least you were smart enough to turn around. Everyone I know down here would have said F*** it! Let's go! o.o They just don't love their trucks as much as we love our Blazers. My hubby's buddy went up the FS road right around the corner one late night [like 2am] last time it snowed. He was hyped up on some drug I guess, cause he went alone in his 2wd Jeep Cherokee, on a road that has serious canyons, with snow to cover those, and in the dark no less. Not even a full moon was out, it was pitch black, and one of his headlights is out. He ended up getting stuck and had to walk 50 miles to his house. Funny part, he walked past our house to his. lol Luckily too. If he woke us up for his stupidity, I would have nailed him square in the face. XD

If I don't get to the BC before you, check out them roads for me. Let me know if 4wd is necessary or not, etc. Cause mine's busted now. D: Next to check is the actuator. Fun! ....

*EDIT* I write too much sometimes. o.0 But in person, I don't say s**t. lol

Old 01-23-2011 | 09:16 PM
Beginning Member
rbrace is on a distinguished road

you know you love your blazer when you live in vt
and its 20 below outside and your working
on replacing your rear axle and dont have a garage

Old 01-23-2011 | 09:48 PM

Rbrace I must say that's dedication. I don't do cold weather very well. Hell 45 to 50 is cold to me.

Old 01-23-2011 | 10:20 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

OH MAN dont even get me started on a FS road, i went to vancouver last feb (and for all of you mericans from winnipeg its about a 48 hour drive in.................................. the blazer, drove through some rock river bed, up a mountain that was super steep and part of the road was washed out by an avalance, but drove over it anyways

edited for space, but it sounds like it may actually be worth going out West for.

Originally Posted by rbrace
you know you love your blazer when you live in vt
and its 20 below outside and your working
on replacing your rear axle and dont have a garage
Originally Posted by cochran07
Rbrace I must say that's dedication. I don't do cold weather very well. Hell 45 to 50 is cold to me.

how about having to change the rad tomorrow morning when it's gonna be -25*.

again!

Old 01-23-2011 | 10:37 PM

Yeah have fun with that. It'll probably be in the mid 50s here tomorrow.

Quick Reply: You know you love your blazer when _____?