General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

4x4 service message

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Jetfixer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4x4 service message

Hey all,

A question. When I bought my truck the 4x4 was not working. I am awaiting a tccm from a salvage yard. In the meantime I am thinking if there was something that they did to turn off the servive 4x4 light. Does it usually come on when you turn up the key or when you first start the car. I never get it which makes me think something is up. Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Thanks beforehand.

Old 01-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 4x4 service message

Ok, I have read through all of your other posts on this subject (4 or 5 of them... lost count). You should really try to keep them together seeing as how they are the same problem, but whats done is done.

Anyway, what most closely represents your problems you are experiencing?
[ol][*]Transfer Case Will Not Complete a Mode or Range Shift[*]Transfer Case Shift Control Switch Inoperative or 4 Low Indicator Stuck On[*]Transfer Case Shift Control Switch Indicator Always On - Two or More[*]Transfer Case Shift Control Switch Indicator Inoperative - One or More[*]Transfer Case Shift Control Switch Indicator Flashes and Returns to Original Mode
[/ol]

These are trouble shooting starting points and I need you to make your best guess as to the proper one cause they are all different proceedures from here.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Jetfixer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I guess number 4 would be it. Its dead. No lights nothing. No clickingt clunking or any motion whatsoever.
Went through the t/s tree on alldatapro and sort of get stuck. I am assuming it is the t/c motor. I am getting 12v to terminal c on the motor but no output.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:53 PM
cherryredblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

my problem is number 5

Old 04-28-2006, 09:43 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

my problem is number 5
You may need a new TCCM.
I went threw 2 of them from a parts salvaga co. Neither worked with my 4 button 4wd.
Returned both and ended up getting a brand newone from the dealer.