General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AllData info needed---anyone???

Old 08-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default AllData info needed---anyone???

Have a buddy who is restoring a 82 Caddy Deville Diesel and he has run into a problem. On the drivers side door, there is a funky plastic wire heading towards the door lock. I am about three hours away from him and I cannot get down there to look at it myself. Does anyone have access to the wiring schematic for the drivers door?? he said that it was entirely plastic, inside and all. No idea what it could be and where it would go. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: AllData info needed---anyone???

I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of fiber optic indicator in the door somewhere that this is running to. Caddy liked to do things with fiber optics for quite awhile. I'll see if I can take a look when I get home tonight for ya.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

wow, I'm feel like an idiot, didn't even think about fiber optics. I remember that some of the older cars used fiber optics to let you know that running lights or parking lights were out. Thanks for the help kyle, anything else that you can find would be great. Really appreciate everyone on this forum.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:48 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I don't have a manual but I believe Kyles' right. They used fibre optics for door lock lights and for the turn signal indicators, mounted on the front , top of the fenders.
Ah, the memories are coming back.....