General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Blazer has no power when full throttle.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:37 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Blazer has no power when full throttle.

I bet the tranny is cooked.

Check the tranny fluid and smell if its burnt.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:54 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah Tranny shifts fine I changed it not to long ago and the old fluid was fine with no contamination when I changed it. I had put in a deep pan and a trans cooler. No I did not take it to check the back pressure yet I am going to change the plugs and wires tomorrow I will have to order the Delco cuase nobody around here has them. I had a Accel ignition that got fried two weeks ago and I got accel wires and am thinking it might be **** too. Damn If it where the tranny it would not shift right? I floor it and it goes slow but still shift when it needs to and engines roars like I going 1000 miles. Its not stuck on gears thats for sure. I will keep you posted.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:21 AM

Better pics of plugs. Plugs are not so bad as you guys claim it to be!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1290/E8B109B9790241B7AD3AE4EE81E02241.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Default When It happened

I was going on the highway doing 65 then suddenly the intake sounded louder and I was loosing speed until I got to 40. After that I had accelerate slowly to get that fast.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:44 AM

Bumb

Old 08-04-2006, 04:16 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Just a thought...
Have you checked for a plugged exhaust?
You could remove an oxygen sensor and drive it to check for a quicker accelleration.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:10 AM

I will try anything. I will let you know soon after I put on new plugs..I am thinking to that it happened right after I left the gas station and filled up. Somebody might have put some **** in my tank and or bad gas too. I am going to work on it tomorrow I will post up! Thanks everyone for the help.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:49 AM
Default Blazer Update!

Compression is 180 all around. Put new plugs even though old ones where still good. Still does it. I took it to my friends mechanic today after I gave up. I told the mechanis that another mechanic said it was the crankshaft. He looked at and said it has to be bad gas and if it where a bad camshaft the engine will shake really bad and have other problems. Does anybody agree with the mechanics arguement???? It goes only 3500 rpms and boggles back and forth not going any higher. In nuetral or park it does the same thing. When the engine is cold it reaches up to 4500 rpm and then boggles down. Is there any way to take out the gas from the tank without dissambling everything????? MAybe putting gas in the throttlebody and seeing if it runs better??????

Old 08-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazer Update!

You could pull the filter out again and direct the fuel flow into a container and allow the pump to drain the tank for you. That would probably be the quickest.

Or, you could get some Isoheat and throw 2 bottles into the tank and let it sit overnight. Isoheat will disolve any water that may be in the tank which is mostlikely the 'bad' part in the gas.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Beginning Member
Walleye is an unknown quantity at this point

How's your gas mileage? Does your Blazer smoke? How fast can it go? I seriously doubt it's a cam shaft..could be, but I doubt it. It could be many things even an injector manifold, that is a very common problem with 4.3's as well.

Quick Reply: Blazer has no power when full throttle.