General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

CSFI or not?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Starting Member
Marcin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CSFI or not?

Hi

Maybe somebody could tell me how to determine if my Blazer fuel injection is CSFI or not? Is it encoded in VIN? My Chevy is 4.3 made in 2000 year.

Cheers, Marcin

Old 10-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: CSFI or not?

it will be a vin W(8th digit in VIN) , and it is a CSFI. Anyone Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

Old 10-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

^^^YUP^^^

Old 10-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

i'M THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE!. thanks adam sandler

Old 10-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Starting Member

So my is CSFI. I wonder how they will install LPG to my car.

Cheers, Marcin

Old 10-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

When converting over to LPG, the fuel is shut off and the propane is injected in the air stream either before the TB or directly into the intake. There will obviously be controls for the flow of propane to support the necessary air/fuel ratio at various rpms as well as to cut back the flow when you close the throttle.

Are you having your truck converted over? Where are you going to mount the tank?

Old 10-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Starting Member

My car is going to be converted next month. Tank for LPG I am going to put in space of spare wheel and spare wheel to put in cargo area. It is not converting into LPG but leaving gasoline and put LPG as main fuel but with possibility to choose which to use. When I start cold engine verery time it starts using gasoline and when engine temperetaure reach fixed level then automayicly gasoline will be switched off and LPG will be swithced on.
As far as I know it is not so simple as in US and because of law regulation I can not use for example IMPCO LPG system. I have to install sequential LPG injection system with fully operated computer connected to oxygen sensor and main car computer to symulate running LPG that LPG injection system works as simply gasoline system with no modification. Using gasoline LPG computer has to be bypassed.

I use LPG in my second car but it is well know here European car so it was easy to install LPG. With Blaze it seems to be a kind of experiment but taking under consideration Polish gasoline prices I have to convert Blazer.

Cheers, Marcin

Old 10-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Administrator

I understand how they work. Our local NYSEG (electric & gas provider) has LPG as an alternate source in their service trucks (mostly S10s). There are a few of them with the 4.3L although I do not know the specifics of how they work it. I have seen one of their trucks (a 4cyl S10) and it had a nozzle in the intake before the TB.