General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Feet heat

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 05:40 AM
pophouseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feet heat

I just bought a 2004 4 door blazer, i was jsut ripping down the freewya and i thought. "boy are my feet really hot", and i reached down and there was very hot air coming out, does anyone know what this is all about and if there is any way i can stop it. because it actually became very uncomfortable. thanks for any suggestions.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3262/8534E78E57EE478BA644217BA3F5985D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Beginning Member
moggy59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Feet heat

Here is some good info:

Don't know if it applies to your situation or not.

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/phpBB2/vi...ht=hot%2Bfloor

Old 07-22-2006, 07:49 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the site, nice looking truck. I read the previous post and so I looked up what the vacuum hoses are for. I will copy and paste. It sounds like you might have a mode door out of adjustment or a weak mode door actuator or a control head issue. I don't know if this info helps but here it is
A/C mode is only available on vehicles with the C60 option. When the driver selects the A/C mode, the blower motor and A/C compressor clutch are activated. Vacuum is applied through the red line to the defrost actuator and through the brown line to the mode actuator. Outside air is brought in to be cooled. Air is delivered out the instrument panel outlets with a small amount out the floor outlets.

Panel
When PANEL is selected, air is delivered through the instrument panel outlets with a small amount of air delivered to the floor. Vacuum is applied to the mode actuator through the Brown vacuum line, and to the defrost actuator through the Red vacuum line. The mode actuator will retract, opening the Panel Door. The defroster actuator will retract, closing the Defroster Door and open the Heater Door through mechanical linkage.

Bi--Level
When Bi--Level is selected, air is delivered through the instrument panel outlets and to the floor outlets. Vacuum is applied to the defrost actuator through the Red vacuum line. The defroster actuator will retract, closing the Defroster Door and open the Heater Door through mechanical linkage.

Floor
When Floor is selected, air is delivered to the floor outlets. Vacuum is applied to the mode actuator through the Yellow vacuum line, along with the slave mode actuator through the Gray vacuum line, and to the defrost actuator through the Red vacuum line. The mode actuator will retract, closing the Vent Door. The defroster actuator will retract, closing the Defroster Door and open the Heater Door through mechanical linkage.

Defog
When DEFOG is selected, air is delivered to the windshield outlets and the floor outlets. Vacuum is applied to the mode actuator through the Yellow vacuum line, and to the slave actuator through the Gray vacuum line. The mode actuator will retract, closing the Vent Door.

Defrost

Reading thru the info on the previous post, it sounds like they are just plugging off the vacuum line to the floor mode actuater.
Do you have any warranty with the truck?

Old 07-22-2006, 08:21 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

nice post chevy lover. good info.

Old 07-22-2006, 09:48 PM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

Welcome to the site, nice looking truck.

I don't think that's a pic of his truck. I looked at it and thought, I've seen that somewhere before. I was right. It is on MSN Autos when you go to 2004 chevy blazer to look up info. They must have used his truck for the photo shoot![:-]

here is where he found the photo:
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/ov...t&model=Blazer

Old 07-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

MOGGY got it right