General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Liquid Noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 01:30 AM
02BlazerLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Liquid Noise

So, hey folks, I'm new to the forum and the reason I'm here is because I'm fearing what I hear. I will start the engine, accelerate in (D) or (R), and I will hear a liquid rushing under the right side of the dash. The interesting part is, once the engine gets to operating tempurature the noise will dissappear. Now just tonight I am noticing a small puddle in the carpet right where the "A" pillar comes into contact with the kickguard right in front of the door. It has been raining here in Cleveland for 3 days straight now so I'm not positive the liquid noise is causing the dampness but boy, it sure is coincidential.... If I am correct, (and tomorrow I will be headed up to buy a Haynes manual for the Blazer) the heater core is right where that noise is.

My question is this: If this is a benign problem, is there a way to bleed the air from the heater core to take care of the problem?

Else.... I know what I'm doing this weekend

Brian

Old 05-16-2006, 01:30 AM
02BlazerLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Liquid Noise

And yes, the radiator is full and I have fluid in the overflow bottle to the correct level

Old 05-17-2006, 04:24 AM
DINO55 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 02BlazerLS

So, hey folks, I'm new to the forum and the reason I'm here is because I'm fearing what I hear. I will start the engine, accelerate in (D) or (R), and I will hear a liquid rushing under the right side of the dash. The interesting part is, once the engine gets to operating tempurature the noise will dissappear. Now just tonight I am noticing a small puddle in the carpet right where the "A" pillar comes into contact with the kickguard right in front of the door. It has been raining here in Cleveland for 3 days straight now so I'm not positive the liquid noise is causing the dampness but boy, it sure is coincidential.... If I am correct, (and tomorrow I will be headed up to buy a Haynes manual for the Blazer) the heater core is right where that noise is.

My question is this: If this is a benign problem, is there a way to bleed the air from the heater core to take care of the problem?

Brian
Hi Brian,
After you install your (99% wet carpet on pass side means)"NEW HEATER CORE" fill your radiator up with (your choice of coolant) start truck, let it run with heat on high till it reaches operating temp. shut off truck. Let truck cool off, repeat filling process every morning while truck is cold till noise dissappers. I drive mine on one of my steel car ramps to raise the front pass side up and fill mine, all the air gurgles out a lil faster. Good luck with your weekend project

Old 05-23-2006, 05:12 PM
myetman is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 02BlazerLS

Brian

Brian,

What you hear is air in your cooling system. If you do have a leak in the heater core that would explain the puddle and the air in the system as it is a closed system. The Blazer gurgle is discussed here a lot as it is a problem for most. If your heater core is not the puddle source I would suggest you check all your hoses and perhaps replace your rad cap. Also top up your rad if it needs it.

m.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:12 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had the air bubbling sound for a while now, recently realized its a pinhole in the radiator, rarely leaks, but is just enough to let air in. Waiting for FedEx to deliver the new radiator so I can hopefully install it tonight.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Mudvayne is an unknown quantity at this point

What I have found is that liquid noise is the heater core plugging upfrom dexcool. All you guys/girls that exhibit this problem also dont get good heat in the winter. What i have done to solve this is drained and flushed system, replaced with green coolant. I havent had the problem since. The noise I was hearing was coming from the heater core also.

As far as the coolant, GET RID OF DEXCOOL. It is the devil

Old 05-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Mudvayne

What I have found is that liquid noise is the heater core plugging upfrom dexcool. All you guys/girls that exhibit this problem also dont get good heat in the winter. What i have done to solve this is drained and flushed system, replaced with green coolant. I havent had the problem since. The noise I was hearing was coming from the heater core also.

As far as the coolant, GET RID OF DEXCOOL. It is the devil
Or you could read up on dexcool in this thread here ---> WHO'S HAD GOOD LUCK WITH DEX-COOL

I've said everything that needs to be said about Dexcool in the thread linked to above. Heater cores just don't plug up because of dexcool alone. Simple as that.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Mudvayne is an unknown quantity at this point

When I initially Drained my coolant from the engine, the drain plug hole had corrosion so thick that after the plug was pulled from the block, i had to poke at it with my 90 degree pick to even get fluid to come out, So I moved on to the heater core, back flushed it and red gel came shooting out. I have been the only owner of this vehicle, Its a 00 with 60k on it. I changed it due to the 5 year part of the coolant.

Alot of claims have been made as to what is the cause. Point being, my vehicle has never been overheated and always checked. While I respect your opinion, and completely believe you havent had any problems, that does not negate the fact as to what happens to the cooling sytem to make it corrode the way it does.

And the heater core being plugged is the cause of the noise you here. I just dont see what proof you are standing on other than you havent had any problems. My system was properly maintained, and it still did it.

On a side note, I have only ever heard of this problem in the 4.3 engines found in sonoma, s-10, jimmy and blazer. My dad has a 4 cyl. sonoma and his coolant is just fine and has never been changed. It does have 120k and is an 01.

Does every1 experience the problem, probably not, but I believe the problem lies in the materials that the cooling system is made of. A chemical reaction that plugs the sytem, not un observance of the system. I havent had any heat, noise or plugging concerns after I switched to green. That is proof enough to me.