General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

miles per tank

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:13 PM
blazingsadle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: miles per tank

It would take me a little research to find those codes and what they REALLY mean.. I know for a fact that "swartlkk" Has answers for this that are far more likely to be helpful than mine. The puters are "act-react" style and stuff like that that can be misleading. Experience is definitely needed to get a good interpretation.

If The O2 sensors are beyond their service interval, then by all means, change them all. They simply fall apart in there and the puter goes to default for that sensor and ignores it after that.

In figuring mileage ( fuel usage) its easier to tell me in kilometers per liter than mpg. I am originally from Europe. Learned the workings of the internal combustion engine from dad while he worked on cars competing with the likes of Sterling Moss. Just used that name so you might recognize the situation.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well... you are correct on the P0700 code, but P codes are only 4 digit... P01100 is 5 numerical digits. Are you sure it wasn't P0110 (P1100 does not show up as a valid GM DTC)?

P0110 = Intake Air Temperature Circuit

Which is a generic OBDII code. The IAT sensor can be tested for proper operation with a digital multimeter.

The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is a thermistor which changes the value based on the temperature of the air entering the engine. A low temperature produces a high resistance of 100,000 ohms at -40°C (-40°F) . A high temperature causes a low resistance of 70 ohms at 130°C (266°F) . The VCM supplies a 5.0 volt signal to the sensor through a resistor in the VCM and measures the voltage. The voltage will be high when the incoming air is cold, and low when the air is hot. By measuring the voltage, the VCM calculates the incoming air temperature. The IAT sensor signal is used in order to adjust the spark timing according to the incoming air density.

The scan tool displays the temperature of the air entering the engine, which should read close to the ambient air temperature when the engine is cold. The temperature should rise as the underhood temperature increases. If the engine has not been run for several hours or overnight, the IAT sensor temperature and the engine coolant temperature should read close to each other. If the VCM detects a malfunction in the IAT sensor circuit, the following DTCs will set:

* DTC P0112 Circuit Low
* DTC P0113 Circuit High
* DTC P1111 Circuit Intermittent High
* DTC P1112 Circuit Intermittent Low
Hope this helps.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:16 AM
smdepew1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry it is p1100 which the scanner says is a manufacter spec code??.....

Old 05-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Any reference to P1100 state that if the scanner used were to be updated, it would disappear. Seems to be a phantom code for a lack of a better term. They are not GM codes and even a call to a GM service rep friend of mine confirmed this.

The P11XX codes are manufacterer specific 'Fuel & Air Metering' codes, but the GM listing does not include P1100...

I would clear them all and drive it for another few days (atleast a complete drive cycle) and then read the codes again.

On the O2 sensor, I'd pull the rear sensor. Because it is an emissions sensor only, some have had luck with just taking some carbon cleaner to them (sensor safe TB cleaner) and spraying the crap out of them. Let it air dry and reapply some antiseize to the threads ONLY. Reinstall and see how it goes.