General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Missing bolts behind door hinge?

Old 08-23-2006, 03:41 AM
Beginning Member
Scream And Fly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing bolts behind door hinge?

Hey everyone,

I was looking at my Blazer today and noticed there is a bracket with a bolt hole on each side, just behind the upper door hinge. It looks like the bracket extends from the door hinge itself. You have to open the door to see it. Looks like it could be part of the hood hinge support, but I'm not sure. Anyway, there's no bolt in either hole - should there be one there?

Thanks!
Greg

Old 08-23-2006, 04:55 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Missing bolts behind door hinge?

Any chance you could post a picture? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:11 AM
Beginning Member

Okay, here it is (not my truck). My ZR2 is missing these bolts on both sides. I have no idea why...

Old 08-23-2006, 05:16 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the rough

I can't see anything in the manual. I'll see if I can take a look at one tomorrow as I'm going to the GM Dealer tomorrow. I don't think there's anything missing there though. The doors are held on with pins and the hood is held on with bolts seen with the hood open.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Beginning Member

Awesome, thanks man.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that is just one of the many bolts that bolt the fender onto the truck. They should be there.

This could indicate that your truck has been in a front end collision.