General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

My first Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:23 AM
95BlacerMississippi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My first Blazer

hello
my name is Joe I recently bought a 95 4D 2WD 4.3L (vortec) Chevy Blazer.

I Payed $2500.00

the day I bought it it started running like crap it had no power and had a rough idel
the first thing i did was change the air filter
didnt help i changed the spart plugs( i put bosch platinum +4) and wires still didnt help
so i then changed the distributor cap and rotor. it finley ran great.

I took it to New Orleans (Burbon St.) and on the way back the SES light came on. When I got off the interstate it had a really bad idel once i was above 2500-3000 rpms it ran fine but at idel to 2500 rpms it wanted to stall and had no power.

i made it home and put my code reader on it and it did not pull any codes.

I figured it was something to do with vaccume. I checked all my vaccume lines replaced the ones that looked and felt like that needed to be replaced. that didnt help.

I then thought maybe i had a loose intake man. bolt or the plunum gascket went bad.
i took off the plunum (never seen a fuel system like that in my life) I checked all the bolts to the intake man. got a new plunum gascket and was about to put it back togother when i notaced a lot of carbon build up around the hold for the EGR i tried to clean it but some fell in the hole (had to take off the EGR to get it out.) and with taking off the EGR i found the problem. There was a chunck of carbon build up holding the valve open. and sence the vavle is suposed to open and close i cleaned it up and put everythign back togother. and wouldent you know its running like a dream.
(all this happened withen 3 days of me buying the Blazer) I had it for a lil over a month now and havent had any more engine problems.

not the driver sider frund window motor had gone out. and the little plastic thing that popos tha back hatch has broken off.
but other then that i havent had any problems.

I do have a few questuions
1. How much horse power and torque do the engine have?
2. How much horse power and torque dose it have at the rear wheels?
3. What size wheels go on it cuz the ones i have rub in the frunt when i turn(on it when i bought it)
4. What performance upgrades can i do?
5. Can i make my 2WD in to 4WD?

Old 06-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: My first Blazer

heya joe and welcome. I'm going to move this to the General Tech section so it can get the attention it needs. They wont look here to answer it. I hope the guys are able to help ya.

Old 06-26-2006, 03:28 AM
kornphlake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: My first Blazer

I'm sure others will have more information than I can give but I'll take a crack at answering your questions:

1&2. I'd like to know as well and I'm too lazy to look it up. I'll say it's more than enough power to get around town and I've gotten up hills on I-15 that I'd have to downshift into 4th at WOT in my saturn to make it up.

3. There should be a sticker on your drivers side door that lists the factory tire sizes and a few other things like reccomneded air pressure. As far as what will physically fit I'm not sure, but you can't go wrong with stock sizes.

4. After market air intakes are pretty easy to install, cat back exhaust makes a nice upgrade as well without compromising emissions. Beyond that is really dependant on how much money you want to spend and how much power you think you need.

5. It would be cheaper and a whole lot easier to go buy a 4wd blazer than to try and modify your 2wd.