General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

need help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 09:52 PM
bowanna03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help please

i just had the head gasket and intake maifold gasket replaced on my 1998 gmc jimmy and got the truck back from my mechanic and know every so often ill be driving and all my gauges will stop working speedo will go down to 0 and rpm to 0 odometer will go blank and all warning lights will come on then they it will go back to normal what should i do

Old 09-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: need help please

I would first try removing your gauge cluster and checking the connection at the back.

However, more often than not, this is a predecessor to the ignition module failing.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 PM
bowanna03 is an unknown quantity at this point

now today i started it and it wont move at all it acts like the brakes are locked up and i get a loud screeching noise and it wont move when i shut it off i cant get my key out of tyhe ignition man this thing is screwed up do you think its still the ign module

Old 09-06-2006, 02:52 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Check all wiring connections. Actually take it back to the shop that did the work and tell them the problem. No doubt he left you with a loose wiring connector, or pinched some wires.

In order to pull hte heads, and intake manifold of you have to disconnect just about every sensor wire, spark plugs, cap/rotor.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:10 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

Check all wiring connections. Actually take it back to the shop that did the work and tell them the problem. No doubt he left you with a loose wiring connector, or pinched some wires.

In order to pull hte heads, and intake manifold of you have to disconnect just about every sensor wire, spark plugs, cap/rotor.
Take it back to the shop that worked on it and explain to them what happened and don't take no for an answer this sounds like something was not put back correctly and it should be fixed....don't let them tell you it's not related because it should not act like this after just being in the shop and gaskets replaced. They might have gotten the gaskets on wrong or maybe like Hanr3 said that a wire or hose maybe plugged/not installed correctly...