General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

RKE Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 PM
PAGuy77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RKE Issues

Hey everyone. New here to the Blazer Forum. I have a 1995 Blazer LT. A few months ago, the keyless entry went out on my Blazer. I thought it might have been the remote batteries, but it wasn't. I decided to check the fuse panel and see what controlled it. I found a 20amp metal fuse/relay that controls the RKE, & the power seats as well. I checked the fuse and it was really hot. I even bought a new fuse from the dealership, and it did the same thing. I was just curious as to if anyone has experienced this. If they have, what was the issue and how did the problem get solved. I want to avoid taking it to the dealership if I don't have too. Any feedback would be great.

Shawn

Old 04-18-2006, 10:52 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: RKE Issues

There must be a short somewhere. I bet the fuse is about to blow.

Remove the fuse again and use a multi meter (set it to ampheres) on the fuse board. With the Blazer off, see if there is any amps going threw. Should be none. Then adjust the seat or use the key fob and watch the meter.

Try the same with the vehicle idling.

I dunno where else to look for ya. Good luck.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:08 AM
PAGuy77 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 4lowlife

There must be a short somewhere. I bet the fuse is about to blow.

Remove the fuse again and use a multi meter (set it to ampheres) on the fuse board. With the Blazer off, see if there is any amps going threw. Should be none. Then adjust the seat or use the key fob and watch the meter.

Try the same with the vehicle idling.

I dunno where else to look for ya. Good luck.
Thanks man....any advice is greatly appreciated. I will have to try that and see.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would do as Scott (4lowlife) has suggested and check the amperage running through that circuit. You could also check continuity to ground between the non-powered side of the fuse holder and any chassis ground. From there, you could disconnect the power to the seat and recheck the amperages. By removing things from the circuit, you should narrow down where the problem is.