General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shady Dealership mechanics

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 03:53 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Shady Dealership mechanics

ORIGINAL: Paddle_grl

not all dealerships are bad..or are out to screw you....
I agree. I just don't like how they pay thier techs. I think the techs are getting screwed.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:37 AM
blazingsadle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Shady Dealership mechanics

Yeah they get the shaft nowadays.

I feel really bad for the guys having to deal with the way the factories put their cars together too. It seems that the KISS principle went to the other side of the moon and never made it back. The factories have taken the excuse made available to the unions by the federal governments environmental standards and have created expensive monsters for all of us to deal with. The guys at the local shop are not union so the factories could care less.

I mean, can you imagine the previous generation engineering a car where the exhaust had to come down to change a transmission. I mean a production belt run automobile. Or a belt system where the only solution was to have the waterpump run BACKWARDS. Yeah right.

Thats exactly why things are going as bad as they are at GM and why Chrysler belongs to Mercedes. The unions have brought the American car makers to their knees.

Why should a car be built so it cannot be serviced by a mechanic that manages to make a decent living?

I remember my dad let me hand him wrenches while he worked on diesels on the weekend. He'd climb up there on those truck and let me hand him tools. They paid him very well. He got the job done and right too. He worked on German cars of all varieties during the week and they too, paid him very well. He'd come home and offer to wash the dishes so he could soak his hands. Mechanics like that are gone. They expect to get paid. They expected to take good care of their families.