General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

IS it a weekend job?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:01 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default IS it a weekend job?

Can I easily do a torsion bar adjustment myself? I have an impact wrench and everything and i'm only wanting about an inch. . . can I crank them myself or am I better off letting someone else do it? also (kind of a dumb question) but approximately how much would it cost to realign my front end?

Old 10-13-2006, 01:08 AM
booblinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: IS it a weekend job?

Its about a 15 minute job. Jack up the front end, and just tighten the torsion bar adjuster an inch. The bolt is at the back of the torsion bars.

Brandon

Old 10-13-2006, 01:11 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have all the tools handy and know what you are doing it will only take an hour or less. Will need some way to measure your movement so that you know which way to crank on the bolts to go up or down. But you need to make sure that your side to side heights are not compromised. Sometimes you will have a different height on each side within a determined specification.. so measure twice crank once...LoL but always measure, measure, measure.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:17 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

Okay, so I can do the work myself. . . what I wanna know now, is is it worth the time, effort, and added wear for just an inch? or will an inch not really affect my stock components that much?