General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Wierd Noises and feeling while driving

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 04:27 PM
drefda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wierd Noises and feeling while driving

Recently, I noticed the Daytime Running Lights indicator on the dash stopped working. Also while driving I feel or hear a noise like the tranny is whinning but it's not. The tranny shifts fine and changes when it is supposed to. The other day, my GF asked me was the car in 4wd. It wasn't but felt like it was. Now the funny part, this only happens when the headlights are on. I also hear a sound coming from the glove box whenever I turn the lights on. It sounds like a hum. I turned them off and I don't hear it. The car drives beautifully when the lights are off (DRL's are on). I didn't do anything electrical recently. I don't know if this has anything to do with the same problem but my rear driver's side door window stopped working for like 2 weeks. It started working again and then I noticed the other problems. Please advise. Thanks

Old 10-04-2006, 04:55 PM
EkStreem G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Wierd Noises and feeling while driving

ORIGINAL: drefda
Recently, I noticed the Daytime Running Lights indicator on the dash stopped working. Also while driving I feel or hear a noise like the tranny is whinning but it's not. I also hear a sound coming from the glove box whenever I turn the lights on. It sounds like a hum. I turned them off and I don't hear it.
So, is the sound coming from the dash, the same whine that you think is coming from the tranny? So this only happens when yo u turn the lights on?

Old 10-04-2006, 05:31 PM
drefda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Wierd Noises and feeling while driving

It's the same whine. I only hear/feel it when the windows are up. If I open a window, I can't hear it on the outside of the car. It only happens when the headlights are on. Not when the DRL's are on. Again, the light in the cluster for DRL's stopped coming on. I just noticed it this weekend. I do remember it being on though.