Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Which 1 of these 3 would you pick?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010 | 11:06 AM
Beginning Member
saggese820 is on a distinguished road

cherry bomb

Old 01-01-2010 | 09:02 PM
Beginning Member
mxboy96 is on a distinguished road
Default Go with what you like!

Like everyone said, the CB extreme sounds the best, but that's because of the setup. Duals with bigger tips, and a pickup 4.3 at that. But if your doing a 2 1/2in. single setup all the way back, I'd most likely go with the extreme too. But the CB Pro or Vortex are also nice. The Vortex is my personal favorite, but some people don't like the glasspackish sound and 'cackle'. I'm one of the few that do, but not a 6 banger. But the Vortex does produce the best flow and in my opinion sound. As far as your cat goes, any high flow cat is really the same as the next pretty much. Good luck! P.S. let me know what you end up going with

Old 01-01-2010 | 09:32 PM
|
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did a replacement cat, nothing fancy. 2.5 pipe and single in/out CB extreme. Seems like it doesn't lose as much momentum going up hills like it used to. And going down hills, it used to slow down without using the brake. I had to feather the gas to keep speed. Now it keeps speed going down. But in the last week, I did full exhaust, sea foam, gumout fuel cleaner, custom airaid intake, so it's like a rocket compared to what it was. But I'm sure the 16x8 camaro wheels and 31's I'm gettin' will fix that performance boost. ha ha! Still need to man up and put the TB spacer on.
I think that song Gold digger is about my truck!

Old 01-08-2010 | 11:57 PM
|

Sorry been busy. If anyone still checks this thread here is a little snow video with the exhaust on. (Turn up your volume a little bit, it was shot on an Iphone.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPrwLwJrCMA

Old 01-11-2010 | 01:08 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

First comment on vid haha.

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:52 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

good to see you shot some vid of the exhaust under load, instead of sitting there in neutral.

Old 01-22-2010 | 08:46 PM
|
Default No problem

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
good to see you shot some vid of the exhaust under load, instead of sitting there in neutral.
Well, I figure most people want to know what it sounds like in day to day use. Which for men is daily driving, (or sliding around the parking lot of work after hours ). So a vid under load is what should be posted. Now if your a freshman in high school and sit in the parking lot revving the engine waiting to get off the lot trying to impress the other boys and girls, then revving in neutral wouldv'e been what I did. I never understood why people only rev in neutral in vids. And at that they either stay below 2000 rpm or hit the rev limiter for 5-6 seconds at a time!

Old 01-22-2010 | 10:16 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
I never understood why people only rev in neutral in vids. And at that they either stay below 2000 rpm or hit the rev limiter for 5-6 seconds at a time!
too true!

Old 01-23-2010 | 12:13 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Pulled behind and eventually next to a ZR2 with dual exits (not sure if single in/dual out or dual mufflers). I talked with him briefly at the light and asked him where he got his duals done and what it was/how much, etc. Not sure if he did catback or what (most likely) but he had Magnaflows to the tune of $275 at a local reputable shop. Solidified my opinion even more hearing them in person.

Old 01-23-2010 | 12:42 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

You should call the shop and mention his ride to them and ask if it was real duals or a single in/dual out. I'm sure they'll remember or be able to check their books.

Quick Reply: Which 1 of these 3 would you pick?