Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Air Intake and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Air Intake and Exhaust

It is not yet done. I will be adding an air box to shield the filter from the hot engine. I have not really used the intake yet on any hot days, since I just got it installed in Oct. Just like Kyle said, that acordian section, between the TB and MAF, is the part I was refering to. Sorry I did not go into detail on my last post. But these intakes do flow allot more than the stocker, just look at the little hole in the front of the lower air box. That is all there is to introduce air into the factory airbox!! The IAT sensor has a hole drilled into the upper tube and is held in by a rubber grommet. I had to do a little adjusting to get the fit I wanted, but all in all it is a pretty good kit for the low price!! In my opinoin it looks better than the black K&N tube also. Like I said before, make sure to get the kit that eliminates the acordian section, I have seen some that just replace the airbox before the MAF. Those acordian sections cause turbulence that restricts flow. Korey