Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Air intake problem.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 08:24 AM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air intake problem.

Ok, so i recently installed my K&N FIPK. It works fine, and it makes a nice sucking sound when accelerating. The only problem is, i've noticed that when i come to a stop, such as a red light, there is a vibration that travels through the brake pedal. It is very annoying, and i believe it is some part of the air intake that is hitting or rubbing against something else. What do u guys think?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:07 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Air intake problem.

Is it touching the ABS lines or the master itself? if not I dont think its in the intake.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I strongly believe it's the air intake, because this started right after i installed the air intake. And it sounds like it might be the filter vibrating against something, but then again, im not sure. The K&N FIPK has a heat shield. in that area with the heat shield, the filter is located. The vibrations feel like they're coming from there. I think i just have to adjust it, but i wanted 2 hear what u guys think.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:03 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

Had one on my ranger, and it vibrated like you are saying... the reason you feel it in the brake pedal is because you are putting force down on it enough to feel the vibration transferred through the body and into your leg..... push your feet up against the floorboard/firewall as it idles and you will also feel it.. . nothing to do with your brakes, except that the pedal is attached to the firewall.... You will have to add extra padding on the heat sheild wherever it touches anything (body, plastic, etc..) I used black rubber hose on mine on all of the contact points and it stopped the vibration..... fix it fast though, because the vibration will cause the foam surround on the heat sheild to wear out as it hits whatever its touching. Then it will make a really annoying noise....

Old 11-01-2006, 12:28 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

did you knock a vaccum line loose?