Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Budget ebay CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road
Default Budget ebay CAI?

I was just wondering if this is worth it. There are hundreds of CAI's on ebay for under $100, but I'm sure I want to trust them. Let me know, please.

Example - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-05...Q5fAccessories

Thanks,
-EzTec

Last edited by EzTec; 05-02-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Starting Member

Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I have a similar intake... I swapped out the cheap filter with a K&N as soon as I got it (which cost more than the kit) and built a heat shield. (see build thread)

Old 05-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Starting Member
TreasonAgainstCaesar is on a distinguished road

That kit should be a slight improvement. IMO, for it to be a COLD air intake it needs to have a heat shield. That is what blocks the warm engine air from the filter. The K&N FIPK comes with one as do some of the other Kit CAI. Or as Oktain said, you can make one.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

The reason I swapped filters is because I actually lost performance with the eBay... it made a cool sound but the truck was physically slower with less pull at the lower RPM range as compared to stock... the K&N had a small improvement over stock, nothing to write home about but I wasn't expecting much. I did pick up a few MPG's when I wasn't in the "Make cool noises" mood lol.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:30 AM
Starting Member

Cool. Thanks for the heads up guys. I've been doing a little searching around and there are different ones one eBay, but I used that one as a reference.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:21 AM
kennybopaloo is on a distinguished road
Default intake

just received a cold air intake from walnut california.

total price including shipping was $ 55.

the crome tubing is very thin but solid and it includes a k and n filter. everything fit with no problems .............................................

Old 05-04-2010, 07:24 AM
BF Veteran

Build a heat shield or it may as well be a warm air intake lol... even with the heat shield, in stop and go, your intake temp will really go up.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:11 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I made my own cai and I wasn't impressed. I ended up putting the airbox back in with a k&n drop in filter

Old 05-04-2010, 08:21 AM
BF Veteran

Like I said.. the improvements weren't anything to write home about... I may have picked up a bit of range out of a tank, other than that it just looks/sounds cool.

Quick Reply: Budget ebay CAI?