Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

carburetor, intake, headers....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:06 PM
blazin5150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default carburetor, intake, headers....

hey guys, i have an 84 blazer, and its totally smogged up right now. i just bought headers (non-egr), edelbrock performer intake (non-egr), and an edelbrock 600cfm(non-egr). when i pulled off my air cleaner, it was like vacuum hose city down there and im really not sure what is considered smog (whichi willbe removing), or what i need to keep for my intake manifold and carburetor. i did locate the manifold vac line and distributor vac line but it said i needed to hook up the transmission modulator line to the drivers side vacuum port on the carb. so if anyone knows about this if you could tell me or send me a picture, it would really help me out. also, i noticed that there is this little black and redsquare rectangularbox ( like 1 inch by 2 inches thats on a bracketwith some electrical wires hooked up to it and two vacuum lines that connect to other vacuum lines that connect to others..) and i wasnt sure if ishould remove this or not after i put everything on.my truck is registered in yavapai county in northern az somy truck does not need smog equipment.thank you

Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: carburetor, intake, headers....

Follow the vacuum line from the transmission up onto the intake for the transmission vacuum modulator. The only other things that I can think of would be the vacuum source for the 4wd if so equipped and the source for the HVAC system which goes through the firewall (may be the same source).

Old 09-23-2008, 11:36 AM
bad350v8s10tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: carburetor, intake, headers....

You should only need trans vacuum, distributor, 4wd vacuum andbrake booster can be run together, 3 lines total, that is the way mine is set up anyways, i did the ac delete sooo that dont count