Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Dual Side Exit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 02:54 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BIGred4X4
ive got side pipes on my 4dr and they rock its a good in vestment
i wanna see some pics of this

Old 05-24-2009, 06:39 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Side exit in front of the rear wheels won't pass inspection because it allows exhaust fumes into the passenger cabin due to the triangle vent windows.

Attached Thumbnails Dual Side Exit?-pipes.jpg  
Old 05-25-2009, 07:14 AM
mhollis is on a distinguished road

But living in Florida we don't have inspections. Where did you get yours from?

Old 05-25-2009, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Adobe

Old 10-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

i want to do this on my 96 four door. i think it would look good. maybe you could make it look like the ones on the nascar cars. then it'd look real good.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

i have dual pipes on my 2002 and i will tell you right now they are the best investment i ever made on it they sound good, look good, and i dont even notice a performance loss, if anything i even gaind fuel millage.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If you're talking dual side exit like this
It would be very difficult to do with the frame in the way.

Like oisinirish said, if you have too much of a valley (or a U going down and around the fraim rail) you'll blow soot all over the place when you start her up.

If you're talking side pipes like the other pictures in this thread, I personally think it'd look hick (like stacks on a diesel pick up truck). It's a Blazer, not a Cobra. (like this)

Old 10-15-2009, 11:51 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I think if you have some more muscle in the blazer... go for it.. but i dont see any benefit to doing this with a stock truck... now a custom truck... do it...

Old 10-16-2009, 07:39 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO just get twin pipes out the rear end. classic look and always looks goode side exits are almost impossible and side pipes dont look right. but once again that is just my humble opinion

Old 10-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
I think if you have some more muscle in the blazer... go for it.. but i dont see any benefit to doing this with a stock truck... now a custom truck... do it...
x2, if you got the power to back it up then go for it.

Quick Reply: Dual Side Exit?