Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

EXHAUST the ever popular questionable subject

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:30 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default EXHAUST the ever popular questionable subject

Hey I am thinking about replacing my stock exhaust. I saw while working on my Dad's 02 Suburban that his stock exhaust has a single inlet and dual outlet that right after the muffler joins to a single 3" pipe. I was wondering what if anything this would do for performance and sound. I am thinking of getting a Flowmaster Super 40 or Super 44 with a single inlet and either single 2.5" outlet running 2.5" pipe out the back or to follow the idea of the stock suburban above and have two 2.5" outlets that join back into a 2.5" pipe out the back then. Please let me know which one of these setups would sound better without losing power or which would gain me the most power and sound. Thanks for the help.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: EXHAUST the ever popular questionable subject

Flowmaster's web site doesn't reference a dual-out muffler for your Blazer. You might call them and ask one of the techs (theywere quite helpful for me) what they think about it.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i dont really know much about either setup but the owner of the shop where i got mine done told me he couldnt hear a difference between the super40 and super44. he also let me listen to soundclip of a blazer and s10 with magnaflow and flowmaster and i liked the magnaflow a lot more but everyone has their opinion on what they think soundsgood so im not trying to steer you away from flowmaster

Old 09-21-2007, 12:10 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah I know it wouldnt be specific to the blazer it would be all custom. I just saw on their website that they had single inlet dual outlet 19" mufflers and figured that would work good for me.