Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

exhaust and ignition upgrade help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Beginning Member
rickyp3278 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default exhaust and ignition upgrade help!!!

hey everyone. I'm sure this question has been asked, but I'd rather post this and hopefully I'll get the info I need.
I'm thinking about an Exhaust on my Blazer. I have a 2002 4wd LS. I had a flowmaster on my old pickup, and it was deep and throaty, but that is not what I'm looking for now. I want an exhaust that will free up some HP's, but I don't want a loud *** exhaust that is constantly rumbling. I don't want something silent either. I want an exhaust that frees up a little horsepower and has a very slight rumble. Not looking for anything intimidating.Can anyone give me some product ideas? I am going to go to a dual tip setup.
Also, It's about time for a tuneup, and I was looking at some plugs and wires. MSD? Accel? Let me know what wires and plugs you are using/think I should take a look at. Thanks!
Rick

Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: exhaust and ignition upgrade help!!!

I say Flowmaster 40 or 50 Series muffler, but Magnaflow also gets a lot of usage around the Forum. For plugs there's no question, stay with AC Delco factory style. Wires - any high quality brand, but once again AC Delco would be preferred. Many, many problems have been solved by just putting back in AC Delco parts on these engines.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:15 AM
theonetrueapex is an unknown quantity at this point

I also say stick with AC Delco plugs, and I've personally been looking at the 50 Series SUV Performance from Flowmaster. You can also search youtube to hear exhausts from other Blazers to get an idea of what set-up you want.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:59 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

yeah definately get the AC Delco plugs and some good wires (I am using Champion brand and they have worked fine for the last 6,000 miles). Otherwise on exhaust I know a lot of people go with the flowmaster super 40 series or a magnaflow 18" muffler. Both sound good imo, and I will be getting whichever one is cheaper or in stock at the exhaust shop when I go there this summer.