Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Flowmaster - Super44 Off Road Muffler!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Matty Kling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flowmaster - Super44 Off Road Muffler!?!?

*NEW!* Super 44 Off-Road - Diamond Plate Casing 2.50" O/C

I'm looking at these flowmaster mufflers formy 2000 Blaze LS... Does anybody have these installed yet? I'm interested in the sound of them? I would like a little added growl, but definitely not obscene amounts!! Any reviews on these bad boys? They look sweet!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:36 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Flowmaster - Super44 Off Road Muffler!?!?

i'd be willing to bet that its just a 40 series with a stroger casing(shell)

Old 10-23-2007, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

actually it probably a 44 series with a stronger casing... the 40 and 44 are different. i think it would sound great, the 40's sound good on everything. i have a magnaflow and like the sound of it more than the flowmaster but i dont think that magnaflow has an offroad version of any of their mufflers

Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 AM

It is justa 44 with the diamond plating casing... It looks sweet...

I've never heard a 44 on a 4.3 blazer... Does it sound good? Or does it sound obnoxious?

Old 10-24-2007, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i havent heard a 44, the guy at the shop i got mine done at said there wasnt a lot of difference in sound, he said its supposed to flow better than the 40 though. if it really does sound similar to the 40 than it will sound pretty nice and is not gonna be an obnoxious growl.
i dont know how loud on the inside the 40 is. my magnaflow gets pretty loud inside the cabin right between 2500 and 2800rpm

THIS is what mine sounds like. it is a magnaflow muffler and a magnaflow high flow cat.

there are several people on here with the 40's so they might be able to help you a little more

Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I havent head a 44 on a blazer or anything, but they are supposed to sound pretty much the same as a 40 series muffler. I am just going to go the cheaper route on this one. So that means probably just a regular Super 40 series muffler, unless the 44's come down on price.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

I havent head a 44 on a blazer or anything, but they are supposed to sound pretty much the same as a 40 series muffler. I am just going to go the cheaper route on this one. So that means probably just a regular Super 40 series muffler, unless the 44's come down on price.

And the 40's sound good on a Blazer? Not too much interior noise?!?

Old 10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I am not sure as I have never been in a blazer with a super 40, but it is the muffler and outside sound that I want. I am not sure of the interior noise. I don't care much about the interior noise cause I a) I like the sound of a good sounding exhaust and b) I have a sound system loud enough to over power it. I don't think it would be too loud but if anyone who has one can post interior noise clips that would be great. I have heard a few from RCars2 and EuroGold about super and delta 40s. Just do a search for flowmaster or exhaust, that should get you a bunch of info.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran

theres quite a selection on youtube