Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

gibson exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:41 AM
hockeykid15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gibson exhaust

i was thinking of getting this ehaust http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A2579364.aspxis it a decent system? i am sure there are better ones out there but this is about the max i want to spend

Old 04-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: gibson exhaust

I dont know about how good they are, but I do know that Gibson only makes exhuast systems for a 2 DR Blazer. Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Starting Member
minijosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you sure it's only for the 2 door? I been looking at summit racing and they have the gibson for the 4 door. Maybe I missed something.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of guys I know around town say that Gibson tends to rust easy from the inside out. Go with Magnaflow 2.5 single inlet/2.5 single outlet for maximum performance for longevity and quality performance for the same price as Gibson. And go stainless if they throw salt on the roads in winter where you live. If you live somewhere where it doesn't snow, and want to spend as little as possible, then go with Flowmaster 40 series 2.5 inlet/outlet mandrel single inlet/outlet. Duals outlet sound better but loose you on the low end torque.
Peace

Needles

Old 04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
hockeykid15 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the help. yea they throw salt AND sand down during the winters. SS where did you get your magnaflow? i am having a herd time finding one

Old 04-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

I ordered the muffler through Merlins and they actually matched the lowest price I could find on the internet. I know that Meineke carries them as well. Go to www.Magnaflow.com and then click find local dealer. Then I took it to a custom shop around town and had 2.5" mandrel tailpipe welded on. definitely worth the $. Nobody makes a cat-back for a 05' 2dr 2wd. My buddy has a Dynomax kit on his 4-Door Blazer and I think it's pretty nice. sounds pretty good too! I had a Dynomax cat-back on my 86 305TPI Trans Am and I was very happy with it. So definitely if you can't find the Magnaflow or want a real nice setup a little cheaper then go with Dynomax. I haven't heard the nicest things about Gibson or JBA. Hope this helps.

Needles

Old 04-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went on to Gibson's site and looked, and it says they made a kit for the 95-99 4 Door models. I have a 2000 so I knew they didn't make one for mine or up. I have also heard that Gibson rusts pretty fast but it was only from one person and so I did not want to give that information unless someone else mentioned it. I plan to buy a Dynomax probably on friday (payday) or atleast order

Old 04-19-2007, 01:11 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler on my Blazer and it sounds pretty nice. I like it a lot.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:40 AM
Starting Member
minijosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Would you say the maganflow cat is the best one out there? I can swap mine still since summit racing hasn't received my JBA exhaust yet.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:12 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Gibson is great but is overpriced, for best tone and longevity, get Flowmaster. For more noise and better high range response go with Magnaflow. If you want good all around, go with a glasspack. Gibson, Heartthrob, andThrush glasspacks sound almost identical. Thrush and heartthrobcan't be expected to last more than 3 years unless you paint 'em about twice a year. It is highly recommended that you paint all exhaust welds and the muffler if you live above the Mason-Dixon line. I have even painted my flowmasterand I live in NC...

Don't buy a new cat until you reach 80k miles. Its a waste of money. IMO,High flow cats make little difference unless you are planning to install duals or if you have a V8.

Quick Reply: gibson exhaust