Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

gibson exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Starting Member
minijosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: gibson exhaust

I'm pushing 150,000 already. I think my cat is dead. Plus you can hear it rattling around.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:23 PM
hockeykid15 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok i was looking at the magnaflow site (im think thats what im getting) and i found the muffler with the right dimentions, but i dont know the length i need. do the different sizes have different tones? and what will fit the best?

Old 04-21-2007, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

If you are only looking to replace the muffler, my best advice is don't do it. Save up some money and have the pipe replaced from the muffler out. Its a lot better. Originally I just installed my flowmaster in the place of the OE muffler, it didn't sound as good as I wanted it to. Later on I spent about $100 more on it and had the 2" pipe replaced with 2.5" andgot a deep 3" tip to boot. It sounds, in my opinion, a lot better than it did originally, and Ive noticed about a 1 mpg fuel mileage increase.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:17 PM

i am planning on replacing the muffler, and the pipe from muffler back. as far as the tip did you just buy one of the clamp ons or did you have one welded on?

Old 04-22-2007, 02:40 PM

ok i think i am going to go with a dynomax, but i want to know if this is something i can do myself or will i have to take it to a muffler shop? here is a link to the one im looking at....
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...=1#Application

Old 04-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Starting Member

I was looking at that kit also. I'm not the best person at installing but since it was a factory bolt up, I picked this one instead. I called JBA and talked to them. Theirs is a 3 inch from the cat back. Kit comes with everything needed to do so. 3 inches are better than 2.5. Size does matter.http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

Old 04-25-2007, 01:42 AM
95kansasblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you installed the JBA exhaust yet? If so, how loud is the sound and what has it done for performance? I want something louder and something that won't hurt my performance. Also, what was the install like?

Old 04-25-2007, 02:35 AM
Starting Member

I'm still waiting on Summit Racing to ge it in. When I ordered the exhaust, it was April 20 when it would come in but they moved the date back after I put my order in. Kind of frustrating but supply and demand.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:40 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: hockeykid15

i am planning on replacing the muffler, and the pipe from muffler back. as far as the tip did you just buy one of the clamp ons or did you have one welded on?
My tip is welded on. high gauge stainless steel angle cut APC tip

Old 04-25-2007, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

If you are only looking to replace the muffler, my best advice is don't do it. Save up some money and have the pipe replaced from the muffler out. Its a lot better. Originally I just installed my flowmaster in the place of the OE muffler, it didn't sound as good as I wanted it to. Later on I spent about $100 more on it and had the 2" pipe replaced with 2.5" andgot a deep 3" tip to boot. It sounds, in my opinion, a lot better than it did originally, and Ive noticed about a 1 mpg fuel mileage increase.
Factory pipe size is 2.25", isn't it?

At least from the cat back...

Quick Reply: gibson exhaust