Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Help on new exhaust please

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 03:28 PM
bedhead23 is on a distinguished road
Default Help on new exhaust please

hi, im trying to learn more on my blazer and at the same time change some things. right now i really want to put a new exhaust on it but im really not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to cars. i want to make it a performance exhaust with a clean sound. i work in an exhaust factory so i really would like to build my own. im obviously going to use stainless but i didnt know if there were any tips on going to front to back for example size of pipe, bends, any way to run two pipes( maybe starting small diameter and expanding after the gas tank), anything of that nature. and also i didnt know if it would be better to just buy a muffler or build my own. and also any tips on building a muffler to help it sound clean?

thanks for any future help!!

Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

there are a bunch of companies that make cat back systems for blazers and it makes it really easy all the pipes are pre bent all you have to do is clamp them up. You mentioned stainless and a real clean sound and that makes me think mangaflow. They make a cat back system that is completely stainless and sounds really good. I think its like $500 for the kit. if your looking for a performance cat magnaflow also makes high flow cats. pipe size on blazers is 2.5" going bigger isn't really practical for a blazer

Old 07-02-2010, 07:52 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bedhead23
hi, im trying to learn more on my blazer and at the same time change some things. right now i really want to put a new exhaust on it but im really not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to cars. i want to make it a performance exhaust with a clean sound. i work in an exhaust factory so i really would like to build my own. im obviously going to use stainless but i didnt know if there were any tips on going to front to back for example size of pipe, bends, any way to run two pipes( maybe starting small diameter and expanding after the gas tank), anything of that nature. and also i didnt know if it would be better to just buy a muffler or build my own. and also any tips on building a muffler to help it sound clean?

thanks for any future help!!
Which company do you work for? Also, is your truck a 2 dr or a 4 dr?

Old 07-02-2010, 10:44 PM

yeah those are really good ideas but i can make one for free pretty much. but its a exhaust company for class D trucks called riker products. and its a 4 dr

Old 07-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Starting Member
88Vic is on a distinguished road

Can you mandrel bend all the pipes? If so, you might as well get some headers (shorties are fine) and bend up a new y-pipe, then run 2.5" all the way to the muffler, use the muffler of your choice I think chambered mufflers sound good on V6's, makes them sound closer to V8's I don't think V6's sound good with straight through mufflers like Magnaflow since the V6's don't have a rumble to them, then a 2.5" tailpipe of it you want the look of duals I say 2" tailpipes and some 2.5" tips, any tip size smaller will just look too small.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:41 PM

awesome thanks for the advice it all helps out alot! but is there even any way of running duals?