Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I want some more info on Gibson Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 10:59 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default I want some more info on Gibson Exhaust!

Hey guys,

I have been away for a little while, been really busy with life recently. But now I need to replace my factory exhaust after 141,000 miles. I would like to use a kit to do this as places in the area want too much money for custom exhaust. So I have decided to do it myself. I am really looking at the Gibson Aluminized exhaust that I can get shipped for $260.00. I would then most likely paint everything in a high temp, black exhaust paint to prevent the rusting that is prone to these systems when aluminized. Pretty much all I am worried about is how it looks coming out of the back of the Blazer. I would like something fairly straight or in the same location as stock.

So what I am asking is, for those out there that have the Gibson exhaust can I see some pictures of how it comes out the rear? Also what kind of exhaust volume would I be looking at (I am fine with stock or a little louder)? Is there anything I should look out for when installing or driving around with this exhaust?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I don't care really what people think about getting a flowmaster since I have a good amount of mileage on it and don't want to spend a lot. Also I have done research on here about exhausts for almost a year now, but I have never seen a picture of a Gibson exhaust installed. I figured this would be a decent place to gather information on this particular exhaust system. Thanks again.

***The other thought now, is that I might just replace the muffler with a generic one (flowmaster, dynomax, thrush, etc.) to save money since I don't want to throw a lot of money at it. If anyone has any suggestions it would be great. Also I am throwing a P0420 code right now so I am thinking that one of the causes of that is lack of back pressure. You can see my other thread on that Here.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:07 PM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I want some more info on Gibson Exhaust!

My friend has a Gibson on his S-10 Extreme and it is just a tad louder than stock. IMO I don't think it's worth the money. I don't know what type of power it added because he drives his truck like an old grandma, but that's a different story......... And I just realized this thread is about a month old

Old 07-09-2008, 07:10 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: I want some more info on Gibson Exhaust!

Well I went with the Dynomax kit, it seems real good from the way it came. I haven't installed yet, I have been so busy with stuff I havent had time for much.