Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I'm thinking about a Jones muffler

Old 10-22-2017, 03:47 PM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road
Question I'm thinking about a Jones muffler

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jex-mf1229/overview/

THey are welded and stainless, with perforated tube and packing.........

or

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jex-fb2541/overview/

these are chambered......no packing??.......I take it ??

These are pretty cheap and look like they are pretty well made.......the reviews say that they are comparable to the flowmaster???

40 bucks sure won't break me :-) ......but, i have enough scrap steel stacked up now.....I don't need any more..

Has anyone tried these mufflers..........??? If not, I'll probably decide on one or the other and give "JONES" a try..........and hope it doesn't go to the scrap pile.....

I have a short walker glass pack on it now.........and it could be a little too loud, after the packing burns out,,,,,,,,so I'm just testing what is new in the muffler business

Old 11-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road

I decided on the Jones max flow mf 1229.........3" in and out....I reduced the "out" to what ever my original pipe was......2 or 2.5??...........I figured that a 3" flow thru the muffler would give a little better sound............??

The sound is about twice as quiet as the short walker glasspack [new not burned out].....I like it so far, I'm taking it on what we call the shelf road today [25 miles from 5200 ft to about 9200 ft.........nothing over 20 mph and a good steady climb.......the sound of the glasspack got a little annoying on this trip the last time i went....so it will a good test......for sound .....and rattles......

The road leads to Cripple Creek, one of our gambling mecca's in Colorado ;-).......