Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 02:32 PM
xdieselx3032 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default intake

how we doing,
I recently bought a cold air intake from ebay for my 94 jimmy, its nice but is rele dont serve its purpose its short and basically sits right by the motor and is sucking straight hot air instead of cold air...where can i find a full intake that will actualyl serve its purpose and suck cold air? thanx

Old 11-16-2007, 02:41 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: intake

The only true COLD air intake I could find is the volant system.
Click here

Old 11-16-2007, 03:13 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

or you can make your own heat shield to put on your existing intake, similar to the volant. these intakes arent true cai though,mostly just allow more air flow. true caihave piping that bend and sit the filter close to the bottom of your vehicle and aren't practical for daily driving as you risk sucking in moisture from rainy/snowy days.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:41 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto on what Cliro said, just fab up your own heat shield. It truly will make a world of a difference. You can click on my sig to link to the How-To I made. It is for the 98-05, but there are pics of another member's ride (a 95 I believe) that he made an entire system for. That should give you an idea of what it should look like. From there on out, it's a matter of bending some sheetmetal and finding some appropriate mounting points.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Beginning Member
Inferno is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question to Triple Black Blazer: do you have a scale template of your heat shield? I have a few days off coming up and I'm looking to do this to my baby...

Old 12-25-2007, 07:22 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a volant cool air system off ebay, Its not totally closed but its closed enuff, The opening is right behind the drivers side headlight.. I did notice a small diff in air intake but not much..

Old 12-25-2007, 08:21 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Inferno
Quick question to Triple Black Blazer: do you have a scale template of your heat shield? I have a few days off coming up and I'm looking to do this to my baby...
Sorry I didn't catch this the first time around. I actually did save the template for occasions just like this. I can mail you an oaktag copy if you'd like! Just PM me your address, hope I'm not too late!

Old 12-25-2007, 05:33 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Also, you can swiss cheese the headlight bracket, lol.