Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

K&N intake/AEM brute Force

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 09:55 AM
2000ZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K&N intake/AEM brute Force

I found The GEN 2 K&N intake kit is made for the 2000 blazers but they say there not for the ZR2 because of the body lift. I also found the AEM brute force kit and they dont specify if its for a ZR2 or not. So heres the question why doesnt K&N work on a ZR2 is it because it doesnt come with a element box and it could suck up water??? and does AEM work or they going to have the same reason why they dont work and if that is the problem that if it is they dont offer it because they come with a heat shield instead of an element box cant i just buy a AEM bypass valve??? IF anyone has info or has one it would be helpful - thanks

Old 12-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: K&N intake/AEM brute Force

Snap a picture of your stock intake setup if you could. Nevermind... Found some on ebaymotors. All the pictures that I could find that include the airbox looks like it has the EXACT same airbox as my 2000 Bravada (same thing as Blazer). You should be fine. If you are offroading alot and the intakes drop the filter down low, then you'll want to possibly find something different, but if you are suburban offroader, then you shouldn't have any troubles. Just don't go driving through any 18" or deeper puddles on your ventures!

Old 12-03-2005, 09:17 AM
2000ZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: K&N intake/AEM brute Force

thanks for the input but i live in a small hick town were offroading is a big thing because all my friends own farms and when storms move around we get flooded so i dont think it will be a problem if i get one of those bypass valve things AEM makes but i never had experience with them so if anyone has one be free to add your 2 cents.