Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New intake configuration.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 08:40 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default New intake configuration.

I reconfigured my intake today after work. I used to have a bulky duct system that had two undercar scoops, but a rock flew up out of my tire and busted one of my scoops.
I attached my 11.5" filter strait to the MAF sensor and then I took the funnel that was on the stock airbox and put it on the end of the filter and adjusted mthe setup so that the funnel is in the hole it was in originally. I know, its pretty simple but it looks a lot better not having all that ductwork visible in the wheel wells.

I'll post some pictures of the new setup tomorrow...

Old 06-22-2007, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran
Default RE: New intake configuration.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe... You're still getting most of your air from under the hood. To effectively isolate the filter from the engine bay heat, you really need to put a box around the entire exposed filter element and duct it to outside air.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:13 PM
BF Veteran

LOL, I know. I think I'll just get a new turbo filter with the aluminum cone around it and then I'll duct to the sub-headlight port with the funnel thing...

Do you know where I can get an airbox for it? I can reposition the filter pretty much any way I want to make it fit.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:53 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Make one!