Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

stupid shop

Old 09-10-2006, 01:38 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default stupid shop

well I had a V-force muffler and tip put on the other day and it kinda makes some weird noises now, like ratteling. So i phoned up the muffler shop and asked em if i can get bigger diameter pipes, he said a bunch of mumbo-jumbo and said that the only way i can go is to get a different muffler put on, can i not go with bigger pipes?

Old 09-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: stupid shop

What pipe are you looking at making bigger? It all depends on where it is. What they probably meant was that it won't do any good with the muffler you have. They should be able to adapt to anything provided enough money. You really don't want to go from the 2-1/2" pipe out of the cat and pop it out to 3" before going into a 2-1/2" muffler. Really serves no purpose. And if you have a 2-1/2" out muffler, it really doesn't help matters enough to offset the cost to go to say a 2-3/4" or 3" pipe.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:56 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: stupid shop

im just really not happy with the sound right now. So I thought if i went with bigger pipes i could get a different sound. At low rpm my muffler makes some pretty annoying noises, is this common with the flowmaster 40's? or did i just get a faulty muffler.

If someone could give a little insight and suggestions to help me get a nice smooth deep, non-annoying(ratteling), sound i would be happy.

and maybe a description of what a "cat back", "glass pack" etc. are