Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 04:22 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Throttle Body Spacer

Back to the trottle body spacers. Don't waste your money. GM spent millions designing it into your engine, its called Vortec. All 4.3L engines are vortec's.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:25 AM
blackblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

throttle body spacers only add up to like 10 hp for tbi motors but i have a cpi and i cant find one do they make one for cpi 4.3L or not? does anyone know?

Old 03-07-2006, 03:39 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

Nope, save your $.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:36 AM
1prittyblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

i put a tbs on my 92 350 tpi fullsize and i noticed a big difference but all i ahve heard is to stay away from tbs on these cause they dont even mix the fuel up there... and the spiral is then useless cause it supposed to create a better mixture of fuel and air.. and if only air is being pulled through it it makes it completely useless

Old 03-22-2006, 03:30 AM

One of our fearless mods summed it up earlier this month. (swartkk)

The way a TB spacer works is by increasing the volume of air between the throttle blade and the valves. A TB spacer will effectively move the torque curve lower in the rpm band. It will do this at the expense of higher RPM torque, but if you think about how much time you spend at 3500+rpm...
[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
1prittyblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah what he said

Old 03-24-2006, 07:19 PM
MitchellIannatto is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it give you better gas mileage? That's all I am wondering. I want to get the K&N FIPK by the end of next month and always see Throttle Body Spacers on sale too. LEt em know thanks.
Mitch

Old 03-24-2006, 11:42 PM

Does it give you better gas mileage?
Yes it does. If I'm not hard on the motor.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:25 PM
MCas86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Throttle Body Spacers give more time to mix before it burns up in the engine. i'm plannin on gettin it when i get back to work come summer.

Old 03-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That is only true for TBI or carb motors. With the CPI or SCFI motors, the fuel is injected directly ahead of the intake valve. The length of the intake path before the injector has nothing to do with the fuel/air mixture.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacer