Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

throttle body spacer

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Boopappa is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, So, I put it on today and it was very easy to install. It took about 25 minutes to put on. I drove it only for about 10 minutes afterwards, and I can honestly say you CAN tell a difference when your driving and smash down on the gas. It seems like it picks up and goes faster. I was driving aqbout 30 when I stomped it and it took off fast and smooth. On take off I really couldnt tell anything, and I could not hear the whistle sound that your suppose to get (maybe when I add my cold air intake). I am going to fill my tank and drive it for a week and give a better review of the product. I will then add my cold air intake and let you all know how it does with the combination of both.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Default Not to impressed witht the helix.

The Verdict:
Gas remained the same, I did not loose or increase at all (225 Miles to tank)
I can NOT tell a difference on take off, but I CAN tell a difference when running about 30-35 and give it some gas.
I CAN also tell a difference when pulling a load, it does not die down on take off and it seems to pull better up hills (I was hauling a large load of stepping stones, so many that the blazer was sagging pretty bad in the back).

My cold air intkae will be in next week, so I will let eveyone know how they do together. I will not say, dont buy it. Because I have noticed a few good things out of it. Once I put my intake on I will let you all know what I think about it.

If you are planing on buying this product alone, I dont think the gains are worth $100.00, just my opinion.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Starting Member
Ck1500 is on a distinguished road

i have one on my 1988 chevy pickup.. and 1 on my 2000 Z71... i have noticed maybe a gain of 1-2 miles per gallon.. and no pwer difference feeling..

and and completely annoying whining noise when its "supposidely working"

just my opinion though

Ck1500

Old 05-13-2010, 01:24 AM

Well, I will not be able to tell you all how the cold air intake goes due to me canceling order. Autoanything.com keeps pushing my ship date back and I am not willing to wait so I cancelled. As for now the helix throttle body spacer has not lived up to the "hype", take it for what you will.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Starting Member
kennychuckles@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road

i just put a trottle body spacer on my truck it idles high now like 2000 rpms and when i run it it doesnt go over 2000 rpms but it did give it more torque and horsepower just doesnt seem to matter when the truck doesnt run over 2000 rpms does anyone have any suggestions aboutin my rpm problem

Old 04-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you remove the throttle cable brackets from the throttle body during the installation process? If so, I'm betting that you reinstalled the brackets incorrectly. One bracket is supposed to go up against the throttle body and tightened down with the special bolt/stud fastener. The other bracket then slips over the stud portion of the special fastener and gets retained by a nut.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Starting Member
thatoldboy is on a distinguished road

Does leaving the spacer in do anything negative?