Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:47 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

That's awesome of you rex! I think you should have won ROTM, no offense to rottidog, tough call this month lol sorry to thread hyjack.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:17 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 50lb_cat
That's awesome of you rex! I think you should have won ROTM, no offense to rottidog, tough call this month lol sorry to thread hyjack.
lol we all have our likes & dislikes. It was as close as it could have been.
As for a "winner" there aren't any non winners. (don't like using the word loser in this context)

Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I'm ok with coming in second to a nice rig like yours rotti! There is always September when I'm eligible again plus that's my birthday month would be cool to win rotm then!

Last edited by rexmburns; 07-09-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

TY Rex, it was as close *** it could have been! Yours is a very cool rig & I admire it, it has the nicest rocker guard I think I've seen here & I'm going to try to duplicate that paticular look on my ride.
I bet lots of people comment about it in person.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Rotti! Yeah even the jeep guys always ask me about it! Everyone loves it. I'm really happy with it thats why I try and recommend it to anyone who asks about doing their rockers!

Old 12-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road
Default Spacer required?

Hmmm.. I have a Spectre CAI and I am planning on installing a 2" body lift in a week or so. The throttle Body spacer IS required? wasn't planning on spending anymore on this project. What exactly made in inoperable with the body lift?

Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by HcHawks09
Hmmm.. I have a Spectre CAI and I am planning on installing a 2" body lift in a week or so. The throttle Body spacer IS required? wasn't planning on spending anymore on this project. What exactly made in inoperable with the body lift?
Well the system simply won't fit completely in the engine bay anymore. The air filter they give you with the kit is huge. This air filter will hit the bottom of the engine bay and will need more room. You might be able to fit the system in with a smaller air filter, but even then it might not work. I ended up taking the Spectre kit back because I had so many problems with it. I got a cheap eBay cai and K&N filter as you see here. Much better fit.

This:

Attached Thumbnails Throttle Body Spacer-cai_install3.jpg  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

I'm wondering if I'm going to run into issues with my volant intake? I'm getting a bl for xmas we shall wait and see I guess!

Old 12-20-2012, 01:46 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I'm wondering if I'm going to run into issues with my volant intake? I'm getting a bl for xmas we shall wait and see I guess!
I think the Volant connects to the space beside of the radiator right? The intake doesn't have a turn down, but instead, goes kind of straight? If so, I think you should be fine!

Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

Well...crap... I see what you mean. I can't imagine any other way around it.... sigh

Thanks so much for your input/help. I'll let ya know how it goes.

P.S. as far as the Volant CAI I think you should be fine, as there is no turn down.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacer